Get email alerts Get Celiac.com E-mail Alerts  

Celiac.com Sponsor:
Celiac.com Sponsor:

Ads by Google:

Get email alerts  Subscribe to FREE Celiac.com email alerts

Geneteic Testing In Canada?

5 posts in this topic

I'm sure this has been posted in the past. Does anyone know if there are any Canadian companies doing genetic testing for celiac? Have any Canadians had genetic testing done? Were you happy with the process? Does anyone know what these companies do with your genetic information after?

I've been gluten-free for over four years, but I'm curious about my genes.

Thanks in advance.

Ads by Google:
I'm sure this has been posted in the past. Does anyone know if there are any Canadian companies doing genetic testing for celiac? Have any Canadians had genetic testing done? Were you happy with the process? Does anyone know what these companies do with your genetic information after?

Thanks in advance.

I know someone who had it done but by EnteroLab and he is happy with it. I heard that there are companies doing the gene tests in Canada but they only do the celiac genes (HLA-DQ2?), not the gluten sensitive non-celiac genes (DQ1...DQ3?). Now, the whole gene testing is new to me and I may be wrong somewhere. In that case, I ask others to correct me.

I had it done thru Enterolab, dollar's close to par so won't be too bad expense wise.

I had mine done through my GI doc and it was covered by provincial health insurance.

Jillian

Thanks in advance.

I had mine done through my GI doc and it was covered by provincial health insurance.

Jillian

That's great! I'm pretty sure Alberta healthcare would not pay a cent for genetic testing. Alberta has some serious issues right now in it's healthcare as a whole. No big deal, I think I'll look into Enterolab.