7 replies to this topic

#1 JanelleD

JanelleD

New Community Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 22 November 2009 - 04:20 PM

Ok, I have a question. Are all Butterfingers gluten free? I was under the impression that they were, but my body begs to disagree. In the past four days I've had a few a couple times, the little bite size ones, and I'm surely not feeling the way I should. I know it can't be anything else, not just because I'm a spaz about checking the ingredients. But, I also have a very strict diet. All fruits and vegetables pretty much. So, if anyone could provide me with some insight, it would be much appreciated.

Celiac.com Sponsor:

#2 Lisa

Lisa

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,799 posts

Posted 22 November 2009 - 04:29 PM

An easy internet search found this from 2008:

http://nestle-consum...eglutenfree.pdf
Lisa

Gluten Free - August 15, 2004

"Not all who wander are lost" - JRR Tolkien

#3 JanelleD

JanelleD

New Community Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 22 November 2009 - 08:56 PM

Yes, I've done that search myself, I was wondering if anyone else experienced anything from them. It's a crazy thought, but I believe everyone reacts differently. Thank you for your insight, and time.

#4 ravenwoodglass

ravenwoodglass

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,747 posts

Posted 23 November 2009 - 03:36 AM

There are times when the small varieties of a particular candy bar are not safe when the larger ones are. We see this around holiday times when special versions of them come out. I don't know if they use different plants for making them or what it is but I would stick with the larger varieties that you know for sure are safe.
Courage does not always roar, sometimes courage is the quiet voice at the end of the day saying
"I will try again tommorrow" (Mary Anne Radmacher)

celiac 49 years - Misdiagnosed for 45
Blood tested and repeatedly negative
Diagnosed by Allergist with elimination diet and diagnosis confirmed by GI in 2002
Misdiagnoses for 15 years were IBS-D, ataxia, migraines, anxiety, depression, fibromyalgia, parathesias, arthritis, livedo reticularis, hairloss, premature menopause, osteoporosis, kidney damage, diverticulosis, prediabetes and ulcers, dermatitis herpeformis
All bold resoved or went into remission with proper diagnosis of Celiac November 2002
Some residual nerve damage remains as of 2006- this has continued to resolve after eliminating soy in 2007

Mother died of celiac related cancer at 56
Twin brother died as a result of autoimmune liver destruction at age 15

Children 2 with Ulcers, GERD, Depression, , 1 with DH, 1 with severe growth stunting (male adult 5 feet)both finally diagnosed Celiac through blood testing and 1 with endo 6 months after Mom

Positive to Soy and Casien also Aug 2007

Gluten Sensitivity Gene Test Aug 2007
HLA-DQB1 Molecular analysis, Allele 1 0303

HLA-DQB1 Molecular analysis, Allele 2 0303

Serologic equivalent: HLA-DQ 3,3 (Subtype 9,9)

#5 JanelleD

JanelleD

New Community Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 23 November 2009 - 11:39 AM

Ok, thank you very much! I knew I wasn't completely crazy. Advice noted and will be followed strictly.

#6 larry mac

larry mac

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,197 posts

Posted 23 November 2009 - 08:20 PM

If the small varieties contain wheat, they will list that in the ingredients, just like their big siblings. You just may have to look on the bag. There may not be enough room on the bite size products for the ingredient label. :)

best regards, lm

gluten-free 12-18-06

colonoscopy, upper GI
blood, urine, stool tests, prometheus panel
positive endoscopy/positive duodenal biopsies (severe villous atrophy, high intraepithelial lympocytes)
diagnosed celiac disease by Gastroenterologist Andrew R. Gottesman, 12-18-06

"Sobriety sucks. That's why they invented booze in the first place." Denis Leary - Rescue Me

Beware the chocolate of Chiapa

#7 chai813

chai813

New Community Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 22 March 2013 - 08:22 AM

Ok, I have a question. Are all Butterfingers gluten free? I was under the impression that they were, but my body begs to disagree. In the past four days I've had a few a couple times, the little bite size ones, and I'm surely not feeling the way I should. I know it can't be anything else, not just because I'm a spaz about checking the ingredients. But, I also have a very strict diet. All fruits and vegetables pretty much. So, if anyone could provide me with some insight, it would be much appreciated.

since becoming celiacs and cutting out gluten, my body is extremely sensitive to dairy and soy as well (soy is in sooooo many things). It could be your body is reacting to that. However, even the same candies but different sizes can be a problem. You need to check each one. 

#8 psawyer

psawyer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,049 posts

Posted 22 March 2013 - 08:47 AM

This topic is more than three years old. JanelleD has not been back since her third post in this topic.

Peter
Diagnosis by biopsy of practically non-existent villi; gluten-free since July 2000.
Type 1 (autoimmune) diabetes diagnosed in March 1986
Markham, Ontario (borders on Toronto)

Celiac.com - Celiac Disease Board Moderator

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: