3 replies to this topic

#1 BRUMI1968

BRUMI1968

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 999 posts

Posted 26 November 2009 - 11:35 AM

Vita Food Products, Inc. Issues an Alert Announcing Undeclared Wheat in ELF Branded Herring in Sour Cream
Wed, 25 Nov 2009 11:44:00 -0600

Vita Food Products, Inc. of Chicago, IL is voluntarily recalling its Elf Branded Herring in Sour Cream product distributed in retail stores in California, Texas, Massachusetts, Maryland, Georgia, Florida, Michigan, Minnesota, North Dakota, and Wisconsin because their labels do not disclose that the product contains wheat.

Firm Press Release: FDA posts press releases and other notices of recalls and market withdrawals from the firms involved as a service to consumers, the media, and other interested parties. FDA does not endorse either the product or the company.

FROM FDA WEBSITE.

Celiac.com Sponsor:

#2 Ahorsesoul

Ahorsesoul

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,261 posts

Posted 26 November 2009 - 06:14 PM

I love pickled herring. I've tried ELF brand several time and get gluten symptoms. This is from the plain one not the one with sour cream. I was thinking of trying it again this year. I think I'll wait a few more years.
1960s-had symptoms-could have been before but don't remember
1970s-told had colitis or nervous stomach-was given phenobarbital, felt great but still had symptoms
Me, dd and ds diagnosed with Lactose Intolerance
2000-osteopenia
2001-had stroke because of medications I was given
June 2003-saw Chiropractor who specialized in nutrition: Celiac Disease not Lactose Intolerance, went gluten free with once in awhile cheating, off soy and dairy for about 6 months
June 2003-found excellent doctor for fibromyalgia (who has found out she has Celiac Disease)
May 2006-went gluten free with NO cheating-excellent! Made all the difference in the world

#3 Takala

Takala

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,555 posts

Posted 26 November 2009 - 07:33 PM

They must be going for the 2009 "Betcha thought you'd never get glutened from THIS Award."

#4 carsondcat

carsondcat

Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 42 posts

Posted 26 November 2009 - 08:26 PM

They must be going for the 2009 "Betcha thought you'd never get glutened from THIS Award."

:D that sounds like a good subject for a new thread!
Believe nothing, no matter where you read it, or who said it, not even if i said it, unless it agrees with your own reason and your own common sense....... Buddha

Minds are like parachutes, they only function when open..... Thomas Dewar

If you want to be someone ... be yourself...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: