Get email alerts Get Celiac.com E-mail Alerts  

Celiac.com Sponsor:
Celiac.com Sponsor:

Ads by Google:

Get email alerts  Subscribe to FREE Celiac.com email alerts

Alert Announcing Undeclared Wheat In Elf Branded Herring In Sour Cream

4 posts in this topic

Vita Food Products, Inc. Issues an Alert Announcing Undeclared Wheat in ELF Branded Herring in Sour Cream

Wed, 25 Nov 2009 11:44:00 -0600

Vita Food Products, Inc. of Chicago, IL is voluntarily recalling its Elf Branded Herring in Sour Cream product distributed in retail stores in California, Texas, Massachusetts, Maryland, Georgia, Florida, Michigan, Minnesota, North Dakota, and Wisconsin because their labels do not disclose that the product contains wheat.

Firm Press Release: FDA posts press releases and other notices of recalls and market withdrawals from the firms involved as a service to consumers, the media, and other interested parties. FDA does not endorse either the product or the company.

FROM FDA WEBSITE.

Ads by Google:

I love pickled herring. I've tried ELF brand several time and get gluten symptoms. This is from the plain one not the one with sour cream. I was thinking of trying it again this year. I think I'll wait a few more years.

They must be going for the 2009 "Betcha thought you'd never get glutened from THIS Award."

They must be going for the 2009 "Betcha thought you'd never get glutened from THIS Award."

:D that sounds like a good subject for a new thread!