50 replies to this topic

#46 deweyhughie

deweyhughie

Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 66 posts

Posted 30 July 2006 - 04:11 AM

Well, I can't comment on the book because I have not read it, but I can comment on the author as I have had some personal experience with her.

Two different times, Jax has contacted me via email regarding some cooperative ventures. Both times I responded that I wanted to work with her. Both times, I never heard back. The last time, I even went through a third party who I knew would be speaking to Jax and provided all of my contact info just in case there was a problem with the email. Still no response.

In my (apparently distorted) world of common courtesy, when you ask someone to do something for you and they agree, you should either graciously accept their help, or politely inform them that you changed your mind.

One occurence is understandable. When it happens twice, it indicates to me that the person is either too busy to follow through with her commitments, or she is simply flighty. Either explanation could provide some insight into the current controversy regarding her book.
Best wishes,
Dewey
Marion, IA

Celiac.com Sponsor:

#47 Coolclimates

Coolclimates

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 343 posts

Posted 27 June 2011 - 07:39 PM

she does strike me as pretty holier-than-thou. I think she has some good information in this book, but also some very bad information. I've never cheated. It's funny as the gi doctor who diagnosed me told me it was fine if I wanted to cheat every once and awhile. BS!

#48 kareng

kareng

Be Royal

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,116 posts

Posted 27 June 2011 - 07:42 PM

FYI, the last post on here was 5 years ago.

LTES

"We've waited 29 years for this and not even a Giant can stand in our way." - Mayor Sly James

Celiac.com - Celiac Disease Board Moderator

#49 Coolclimates

Coolclimates

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 343 posts

Posted 27 June 2011 - 07:44 PM

I'm aware that the last post was 5 years ago. Yet I didn't want to start a new thread because I thought this might annoy people?

#50 kareng

kareng

Be Royal

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,116 posts

Posted 27 June 2011 - 07:52 PM

I went back to try to figure out what book you were talking about, but it really doesn't say. I think some things have been deleted?

The topic is sooo old in Forum time, & most of the posters are long gone. If I wanted to discuss it, I think I would start a new topic.

LTES

"We've waited 29 years for this and not even a Giant can stand in our way." - Mayor Sly James

Celiac.com - Celiac Disease Board Moderator

#51 Aubrey

Aubrey

New Community Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 28 June 2011 - 01:41 PM

I have not read the book, but I would like to say that 'cheat' is not a word the writer should have used. People differ in their ability to control cravings but when it comes to something as serious as ingesting food that has the ability to slowly poison, the majority of people who suffer from gluten intolerance, once they have discovered that cutting out gluten relieves pain, and extremely debilitating intestinal problems along with a host of other terrible symptoms which had previously made their lives a misery, then someone like that is not going to want to ever touch anything that contains gluten again.

The people who know for sure what gluten can do are those who have been suffering from many distressing symptoms for years without any diagnosis until the ingredient which has been slowly poisoning their bodies has been removed and they experience relief at last. Some people actually believe that they are slowly dying before they discover the new lease of life they have gained from cutting out gluten completely. People like that do not 'cheat', they desperately try to avoid the poison that will make them ill again.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: