This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Support Celiac.com!
    eNewsletter
    Donate

Latest Test Results In!

roxnhead

roxnhead Rookie

Hello all! My latest test results are in and my anti-gliadin is a high 97-this is my only positive "celiac" test. I know I ate the pumpkin custard from a pie(stupid) last month and believe this is what glutened me. But why when I was eating all the gluten I wanted my test results for anti-gliadin were only 79-high. How can my reaction be so high when my exposure so low? I will of course look for hidden gluten-vitamins etc. and be more strict about being gluten free but wonder how long it will take to get my anti-gliadin response to negative?

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

ravenwoodglass Mentor

"I will of course look for hidden gluten-vitamins etc. and be more strict about being gluten free"

If you are not being strict on the diet your numbers are not going to go down. You do need to be strict with no cheating. Do look for hidden gluten and go to a whole foods unprocessed diet and avoid eating in restaurants that don't have a gluten free menu and those numbers should start going down. Make sure you check all meds and supplements.

Ahorsesoul Enthusiast

If you are sensitive like I am you might want to check your shampoo and toothpaste. Check your candy, breathe mints, flavored coffees/teas and sodas.

roxnhead Rookie
:o Yeah I just checked my VSL#3 DS- probiotic it has maltose--I've been checking and it sounds like gluten to me--I continue my search Donna

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A19):

• Member Statistics

• Total Members
    • Most Online (within 30 mins)

Bayb
    Newest Member
    Bayb
  • Celiac.com Sponsor (A20):

• Forum Statistics

• Total Topics
    • Total Posts
      1m

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A22):

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A21):

• Upcoming Events

• Aussienae
      Mine is definitely triggered by inflammation and stress! I do also have arthritis in my spine, but the pain is more in my pelvic area. Im sure i have other food intolerances or other autoimmune isues but the more I focus on it and see doctor after doctor, it just gets worse.  Best thing is get of Gluten! (I also avoid lactose). Try to limit stress and anything that causes inflammation in your body.
    • ButWhatCanIEat
      Good morning,   I got an email about replies to this post. Some of my doctors had blamed a slipped disc for the pain I had and that contributes, but after meeting with a gastroenterologist AGAIN and trying some lifestyle modifications, I found out I have IBS and can't tolerate corn or excessive fructose to any degree. Cutting out corn AFTER having cut out all gluten containing products was a real pain but I feel much better now!
    • trents
      So, I contacted Scott Adams, the author of that article and also the creator/admin of this website, and pointed out to him the need to clarify the information in the paragraph in question. He has now updated the paragraph and it is clear that the DGP-IGA does serve the purpose of circumventing the false negatives that IGA deficiencies can generate in the tTG-IGA antibody test.
    • knitty kitty
      Here's a link... Thiamine Deficiency Causes Intracellular Potassium Wasting https://www.hormonesmatter.com/thiamine-deficiency-causes-intracellular-potassium-wasting/
    • Soleihey
      Has anyone experimenced enlarged lymph nodes with celiac? Both in the neck and groin area. Imaging of both areas have said that lymph nodes are reactive in nature. However, they have been present for months and just wondering how long this may take to go down. Been gluten-free for about two months. Blood counts are normal.