This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Support Celiac.com!
    eNewsletter
    Donate

Hello

jasonD2

jasonD2 Experienced

I'm not posting to complain (imagine that). I just wanted to say hello and extend a big THANK YOU to all the folks on here who have listened to me and offered some great advice...I am truly grateful for all the kindness. I know i'm not easy to deal with sometimes, but im working on that :)

I still have bad days, but things are getting a little more tolerable. I am traveling with my boss this weak and am finally going to come clean about my gluten problem (it honestly has affected my job performance, but he hasnt been complaining) - I have kept it a secret for almost 2 years and need to spill the beans.

My mom has also agreed to get tested and im still working on my aunt and cousin, everyone was in major denial at first but now I think its starting to sink in.

I'm finally going for an endoscopy in a few weeks and am also gonna get a colonoscopy in 2010. Im a bit young but I figure with my family history it couldnt hurt

As for my mental state, ive been making an effort to not focus on myself and my problems so much but its tough and I regress very quickly, but I am trying to do things in life that I enjoy to take my mind off.

I tend to pine over old girlfriends and frequently succumb to the sadness of not being in love, but for now i'm fine being single and just focusing on getting well and doing things I like.

Anyway, thanks again and hope everyone enjoys the holidays

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

mushroom Proficient

BIG, BIG strides you've made there, Jason. :D You're on your way now, dude. The girlfriends will come later. Just concentrate on the direction you're heading and you'll be right. Coming clean is the best way to go!!

Wolicki Enthusiast

Jason, I agree, BIG strides! Just take it one day at a time! Since you seem to travel a lot, just be sure to take some great snacks with you in case you get into a pinch. When you're in larger cities, check out some vegan/raw restaurants. Almost no way to get CC, and you can have 99% of anything on the menu. Quite tasty, too. Keep up the great work!

Lisa Mentor
:D:D:D
jerseyangel Proficient

Ah Jason--your post just put a big 'ole smile on my face! :D

Enjoy the holiday season and look forward to a positive, fresh and happy new year to come. :)

Ahorsesoul Enthusiast

So glad you are taking charge of your life!

Archived