Get email alerts Get Celiac.com E-mail Alerts  

Celiac.com Sponsor:
Celiac.com Sponsor:

Ads by Google:

Get email alerts  Subscribe to FREE Celiac.com email alerts

Sulfur Burps

5 posts in this topic

Does anybody know what causes egg burps(sulfur burps)? I get them maybe twice a year. Sometimes I get a stomach ache with them and sometimes not. Also if anyone can tell me how to get ride of them that would be great.

Ads by Google:
Does anybody know what causes egg burps(sulfur burps)? I get them maybe twice a year. Sometimes I get a stomach ache with them and sometime s not. Also if anyone can tell me how to get ride of them that would be great.

The first thing I would suspect is SOY. I had to elimate it completely from my diet. Caused sulfer burps, tummy cramps followed by the big D the next morning. Maybe you just had a large amount on those days or you're getting the same reaction from another food.

I get those occasionally, usually for several days.

I don't know why, but going for a long walk (about 2hrs) seems to clear it up for a while.

Also, I usually restrict myself to just vegetables for a day or so, take digestive enzymes, and drink lots of water.

Hope that helps!

Does anybody know what causes egg burps(sulfur burps)? I get them maybe twice a year. Sometimes I get a stomach ache with them and sometimes not. Also if anyone can tell me how to get ride of them that would be great.

Long before I was diagnosed with celiac I and family members had nasty sulfur burps and horrible diarhea. I believe it may have been giardia because of the water we drank at the time. After we got a water distiller, I never again had trouble.

sulphur burps can be the result of foods not breaking down properly in the intestines of people with digestive disorders (like celiac). that was one of my first initial symptoms. it's so awful. i very very rarely get them since going gluten free.

anyway, here's a link to an article that explains some of the causes of sulphur burps:

http://www.healthhype.com/sulphur-or-rotten-eggs-burps-belching-foul-smelling-gas.html