Get email alerts Get Celiac.com E-mail Alerts  

Celiac.com Sponsor:
Celiac.com Sponsor:

Ads by Google:

Get email alerts  Subscribe to FREE Celiac.com email alerts

Have To Eat A Coco's Tomorrow For Lunch :(

5 posts in this topic

I know they are not exactly known for being gluten-free friendly. Do you think I would be okay just getting like the grilled salmon? Any other suggestions?

Ads by Google:

You don't have to eat there, you just have to go there! :)

Honestly, if you don't feel safe - and CALL THEM (during off hours, so depending on your time zone, now could be good) and see if you can talk to the manager to get an idea of how much they can accommodate you.

If you don't think they measure up to what you need (and don't be afraid to think that), eat before the lunch, have a beverage while you're there, and socialize. (Advantage to eating before and just being there to socialize - you don't have the issue of wanting to say something, but having a full mouth, and the conversation going past before you finish your bite of food. :D )

Tonight call them let them know you will be coming in tomorrow and what will be gluten free on the menu. Gives you a night to think about what to order.

I always bring my own food. I bring a salad, and I have never been questioned. Then you can eat and drink with the group, be safe, and not sit there just watching everyone eat. It's never worth it to me to take the risk of getting sick.