#1 Brittany2

Brittany2

Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 28 posts

Posted 19 December 2009 - 06:40 PM

Hello everyone!
Since I'm on break now for the holidays, I thought I'd do a side illustration on Celiac. I just wanted to get some opinions on what they'd like to see.

I'm in the concept stage right now, I was thinking of the environment being the spongy carpet like tubes, while in the distance there's a witch garbed in an old farmers outfit with a cloak carrying a sickle, where she stands and before is dead and shriveled looking.

Thanks! Best to you!
~Brittany
"There's nothing you can't achieve with a little hope, courage, determination and a destination to reach!"

Celiac.com Sponsor:

#2 melmak5

melmak5

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 413 posts

Posted 06 January 2010 - 08:26 AM

I sort of describe it to others like this:

1. I eat gluten and my body things its poison or a foreign object
2. My body makes antibodies to attack/eat the gluten (I think of ms. packman here)
3. The antibodies cannot distinguish between the gluten and the intestine walls (happy little fingers - like a sea anemone) and start eating the villi too!
4. Keep eating gluten, it gets worse and if the intestines cannot properly function, everything goes to s**t, literally.

#3 G Love

G Love

New Community Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 10 January 2010 - 04:34 PM

Hello everyone!
Since I'm on break now for the holidays, I thought I'd do a side illustration on Celiac. I just wanted to get some opinions on what they'd like to see.

~Brittany

Hi Brittany, I am probably old school but I would go more with a theme like 'war of the worlds'. In that gluten is really like a foreign invader to our bodies like an alien from mars. The havoc they cause on a celiacs body makes them appear many times larger than they really are. Their large machine legs can cover great distances in our bodies and their lasers are very affective against the villi in our 'guts'.

the whole celiac thing is really our bodies waging a war against the invaders with gluten free being the only hero at the moment. Not sure how you would visualise the hero. Does that work at all for you?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: