kenlove

Advanced Community Member

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,826 posts

Posted 20 December 2009 - 06:59 PM

http://www.latimes.c...0,5395819.story
"Ryo tatereba mi ga tatanu"

If we try to serve both sides, we cannot stand our own ground.

Japanese proverb

Celiac.com - Celiac Disease Board Moderator

Celiac.com Sponsor:

#2 ksymonds84

ksymonds84

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 509 posts

Posted 21 December 2009 - 08:12 AM

http://www.latimes.c...0,5395819.story

Great article! Glad to see major players such as Stanford and Dr. Peter Green involved!
Kathy

Gluten free 3/08
Negative blood work/positive endoscopy
Fructose Malabsorption
Soy free

#3 G Love

G Love

New Community Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 10 January 2010 - 04:51 PM

Great article! Glad to see major players such as Stanford and Dr. Peter Green involved!

Hi Kathy,

Just a little addtion to the LA story. The Gluten Free Pages site in Australia reported info on the vaccine trial back in March 2009. I cant give you the specific URL as I hear that is forbidden for newbies ... but I would also like to add these cautions.

The auto immune approach to a disease that is considered as a reaction to gluten is a very novel idea - however I myself was put on a two year (monthly) injection schedule for asthma where they injected doses of modified hay proteins into me to boost my immunity, and it virtually did nothing to improve my condition. I have heard that this same poor result occurs for many people. I would also caution any process that injects man made proteins or anti bodies into us - isnt that why many people reject gene modified food - for unknown long term effects?

These may or may not work, but I see the best long term solution being the natural solution where we go back to growing ancient grains that do not have the massive densities of gluten that we have allowed farmers to breed into modern gluten grains.

Just a thought.

#4 kenlove

kenlove

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,826 posts

Posted 10 January 2010 - 10:52 PM

These may or may not work, but I see the best long term solution being the natural solution where we go back to growing ancient grains that do not have the massive densities of gluten that we have allowed farmers to breed into modern gluten grains.

Just a thought.

I view celiac as a disease of civilization much of it caused by the more relatively modern crossed hybrid grains but please don't blame the farmer. They're being lead astray by many others more interested in their own pocketbooks than the welfare of the society.
"Ryo tatereba mi ga tatanu"

If we try to serve both sides, we cannot stand our own ground.

Japanese proverb

Celiac.com - Celiac Disease Board Moderator

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: