tell me about it!

#33 celiac3270

celiac3270

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,263 posts

Posted 11 May 2005 - 04:01 PM

I know. Although sometimes I have to put off venting for a few hours so I can cool down... like when a kid flicked cookie crumbs in my face...didn't post about that one, though--happened a few days ago... nobody gets it <_<

#34 Guest_nini_*

Guest_nini_*
  • Guests

Posted 11 May 2005 - 05:48 PM

sorry to hear about the kid flicking cookie crumbs at you, that's just mean.

#35 Guest_BERNESES_*

Guest_BERNESES_*
  • Guests

Posted 11 May 2005 - 05:50 PM

celiac3270- that is RIDICULOUS! Just chock it up to ignorance. Don't let the b******rds get you down. You're better than that!

#36 KaitiUSA

KaitiUSA

Be the change you wish to see in the world!

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,583 posts

Posted 11 May 2005 - 05:57 PM

I know. Although sometimes I have to put off venting for a few hours so I can cool down... like when a kid flicked cookie crumbs in my face...didn't post about that one, though--happened a few days ago... nobody gets it <_<

He flicked cookie crumbs at you :angry: !!!!!! How incredibly rude and insensitive! <_<
We should all show up at your school and see if he tries that again..we all got your back
Kaiti
Positive bloodwork
Gluten-free since January 2004
Arkansas

Jeremiah 29:11- "For I know the plans that I have for you, declares the Lord, plans for you to prosper and not harm you,plans to give you a hope and future"

"One Nation, Under God"

Feel free to email me anytime....jkbrodbent@yahoo.com

#37 bean

bean

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 476 posts

Posted 11 May 2005 - 07:41 PM

celiac3270,

You have been one of the most supportive, wonderful, intelligent, and kind people on this whole forum - and considering how amazingly wonderful everyone else here has been, that really says a lot. It still kinda freaks me out when I think about how old you are because you are so incredibly mature.

I am sorry that you have deal with such unbelievable morons - (like the crumb-flicker). It kind of breaks my heart because you seem like such a strong base for so many people to talk to here, and yet you have to deal with such stupid stuff in your own life. It's just wrong.

Obviously there will always be a vast amount of ignorant people out there - and I'm sure I'll be discovering (as I'm new to this) that people can be even more foolish than I'd previously imagined. But try to keep in mind that, even though you have to deal with this crap all the time, it has probably made you a much better person than you were before you started having the Celiac blues.

When I go through rough spots, I try to think, "Well, I'm sure I'll be a better woman because of this!"

Now... don't misinterpret that to say that I think you will be a better woman because of this ;)

But know that you are still one of my heroes :)

- Michelle
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Michelle :)

Positive blood tests 4/29/05 (tTG & IgA)
*Osteoporosis (at 32!)
*Heartburn/Reflux (*ouch!*)
*Lifelong battle w/depression
*Dental enamel didn't form right when I was little (cavities cavities cavities)
*Neuropsych analysis lists all sorts of learning disabilities - which may be attributed to brain injury from an old accident or may be from celiac, who knows!

Had biopsy May 11th, 2005 - villi are FLAT! :(
gluten-free since May 11th :)

#38 Canadian Karen

Canadian Karen

That Crazy Canuck!

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,554 posts

Posted 12 May 2005 - 12:53 AM

Hi celiac3270! My motherly instinct kicked in when you said the kid flicked cookie crumbs in your face. I was ready to come down there to teach him a lesson he would NEVER forget!!!! :angry: I wonder if a criminal charge of assault with a deadly weapon be able to be applied here....... mmmmmm....... THAT WOULD TEACH HIM!!!!!

Michelle, try not to be too hard on your dad. When our children are growing up, it is a parent's job to shield our children from disappointment, kind of "cushioning the blow" of all the dissapointment life seems to throw at us..... Sometimes, it is just hard to grow out of that habit as our children grow older..... I think your dad was just kind of protecting you from what he sees (due to not being educated and knowledgeable about this disease) as a "fad diet" that is going to set you up for a let down......

Karen
Karen

positive bloodwork, positive biopsy
Celiac, collagenous colitis, hypothyroidism
endometriosis (at age 20)
spinal stenosis (early 20's)

Biopsy August 2006 confirmed complete villous atrophy despite being gluten-free for years and bloodwork within range showing compliance with diet. Doctor has confirmed diagnosis of Refractory Celiac Sprue.
Endoscopy also showed numerous stomach ulcers, have started taking Losec.

Mother to Eileen 13 yrs
Rhiannon 8 yrs
Daniel & Connor 6 yr twin boys......

"Joyfulness keeps the heart and face young. A good laugh makes us better friends with ourselves and everybody around us."
Orison Swett Marden

Laughter is the shortest distance between two people.
-- Victor Borge

"An optimist laughs to forget. A pessimist forgets to laugh."
Tom Nansbury

"Doctor to patient: I have good news and bad news. The good news is that you are not a hypochondriac."
Unknown

#39 Guest_BERNESES_*

Guest_BERNESES_*
  • Guests

Posted 12 May 2005 - 06:19 AM

He flicked cookie crumbs at you mad.gif !!!!!! How incredibly rude and insensitive! dry.gif
We should all show up at your school and see if he tries that again..we all got your back

Yeah- I used to teach- I'll get him suspended! I have my ways! And I really can't believe how old you are! I always forget! Rock on celiac3270, Beverly

#40 Saleegirl

Saleegirl

New Community Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 12 May 2005 - 09:22 AM

[COLOR=blue]I had to deal with something like that too. When my mom and I first thought I was a celiac, my dad didn't believe us. I believe he thought we were crazy, even though I had all the symtoms, (Rash, stomach pains, mouth blisters, leg cramps) and 1-2 weeks after eating nothing with Gluten, I felt better. It's annoying when people put a damper on your mood, or don't believe you, I know. But they don't understand, nobody said people were always nice. But they are your family, and remember, blood is thicker than water. You just have to try to forgive them, even though it's hard. I can still remember when my dad didn't believe me, Neither did my brother. If we went to the store, and even though I couldn't eat them, he'd buy doughnuts....

Try to forgive him, it is hard, but he's not always going to be around....

Stephanie

[COLOR=purple] P.S. The cookie crumb thing... That is just, insensitive, pig headed, and rude. If someone did that to me, they'd find that plate the cookie crumbs were on.... In a very uncomfortable place.

#41 bean

bean

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 476 posts

Posted 12 May 2005 - 09:30 AM

Nice image Stephanie ;)
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Michelle :)

Positive blood tests 4/29/05 (tTG & IgA)
*Osteoporosis (at 32!)
*Heartburn/Reflux (*ouch!*)
*Lifelong battle w/depression
*Dental enamel didn't form right when I was little (cavities cavities cavities)
*Neuropsych analysis lists all sorts of learning disabilities - which may be attributed to brain injury from an old accident or may be from celiac, who knows!

Had biopsy May 11th, 2005 - villi are FLAT! :(
gluten-free since May 11th :)

#42 KaitiUSA

KaitiUSA

Be the change you wish to see in the world!

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,583 posts

Posted 12 May 2005 - 09:40 AM

P.S. The cookie crumb thing... That is just, insensitive, pig headed, and rude. If someone did that to me, they'd find that plate the cookie crumbs were on.... In a very uncomfortable place.

HAHA :lol: Nice one
Kaiti
Positive bloodwork
Gluten-free since January 2004
Arkansas

Jeremiah 29:11- "For I know the plans that I have for you, declares the Lord, plans for you to prosper and not harm you,plans to give you a hope and future"

"One Nation, Under God"

Feel free to email me anytime....jkbrodbent@yahoo.com

#43 stef_the_kicking_cuty

stef_the_kicking_cuty

Stef and Luke

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 925 posts

Posted 12 May 2005 - 10:16 AM

Some people are really stupid. He can be glad, that I'm not his mother. Really, I think, it's good, that it's against the law to beat your children today. But some still need a good whup from time to time...
Stef

Next goals:
Results for 2011:
1x PA State Champ (I defended my title in pointfighting) and also again Grand Champion in pointfighting
August 20-27: Karate and Kickboxing World Championships in Germany (my homecountry)
gluten-free since 07/21/2004
Shermans Dale, PA

#44 mommida

mommida

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,900 posts

Posted 12 May 2005 - 11:54 AM

What a little freak!!?
What kind of cruel life he must be living. He probably does get beat at home. I wish a very itchy rash in a very private place on him.
celiac3270, you are an inspiration for me and my kids.
Love ya,
Laura
Michigan

#45 mela14

mela14

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 278 posts

Posted 12 May 2005 - 01:02 PM

awwwwww.........thanks guys....you are the best!
Beverly...you look gorgeous in your wedding dress with your handsome hubby!
Michelle, you are so sweet..........and supportive..thanks:rolleyes:
I hope you are all doing better and living life in spite of this horrible, confusing disease. there is more to life than just celiac! :D
Mel
mela14@optonline.net

10 years of abdominal problems, incorrectly diagnosed with Endometriosis / suffered 7 surgeries. Total hysterectomy 2 years ago!
Fibromyalgia, Chronic Fatigue, Interstitial Cystitis ,IBS, Migraines, Primary Immune Deficiency to name a few. Finally realizing that food intolerances make them all worse!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: