Get email alerts Get Celiac.com E-mail Alerts  

Celiac.com Sponsor:
Celiac.com Sponsor:

Ads by Google:

Get email alerts  Subscribe to FREE Celiac.com email alerts

Mouse And Floppy Problems

5 posts in this topic

:o

My mouse broke. I fitted a new adaptor to the back of my computer and bought a mouse but it doesn't work because I can't load the driver through the floppy drive which is broken.

Can one get a mouse without a driver or is there a mouse one can get a driver for without using a floppy?

My OS is Windows 98.

It's not a strictly board related question but I hope some of you will have helpful ideas ...

Ads by Google:

:(

P.S. there is a ramification to this, I tried to update my signature but couldn't tab inside the box to edit it...

you should be able to download a driver off the internet, but even with 98, most mice shouldn't need a special driver load to operate with basic functionality...

Nope...we have a PC w/ win 98 and we don't need any software. Just shut down the computer, put in the new mouse (any cheap one--$10 at Staples) and reboot... I haven't had to use any software for mice in years. What type of mouse is it? The Microsoft mouses don't need software--at least on my comp.

I had to buy a new mouse just recently, and it did not need any software. I bought just a plain mouse, like the one I had before. Did you buy a fancier one?