Get email alerts Get Celiac.com E-mail Alerts  

Celiac.com Sponsor:
Celiac.com Sponsor:

Ads by Google:

Get email alerts  Subscribe to FREE Celiac.com email alerts

Gluten Free Flour At Costco?

13 posts in this topic

A friend of mine told me she saw a 5lb bag of gluten free baking flour at Costco. She didn't have anymore specific details than that. I haven't been to Costco since she mentioned it to check it out. Has anyone seen this before? Is it decent flour?

Ads by Google:

Not at our Costco in Hawaii or others I've been too in Chicago--

If you can find it, please let us know what type and where!

thanks

A friend of mine told me she saw a 5lb bag of gluten free baking flour at Costco. She didn't have anymore specific details than that. I haven't been to Costco since she mentioned it to check it out. Has anyone seen this before? Is it decent flour?

I don't have a Costco near me in AZ but my mom in Southern CA said that she has seen a couple Gluten Free things. One of the things she told me was Bob's Red Mill Quinoa. My SIL goes to the same Costco and said that that carry Organic Chicken.

I think it all depends on the Costco's location and what people are asking for in that area.

I'm from Arizona too, but the Phoenix area. I didn't see it at the Costco near me in Gilbert. My friend said she saw it at the Costco at 44th ST and Thomas in Phoenix. That is very close to my husband's office so I'm sending him to check on it during his lunch on Monday. I got a bit more information she said it was a 5lb bag of Bob's Red Mill All Purpose Gluten Free and it was around $6. That sounds too good to be true, but I am hoping. Is the Bob's Red Mill All Purpose stuff good?

I've heard good things about the flour. I bought Bob's Red Mill Organic Quinoa (4 lb bag) at Costco in Southern California Orange County area. It was a great price. Where is the Costco where she saw the flour? I'd drive to get some because Costco prices are so good.

I've heard good things about the flour. I bought Bob's Red Mill Organic Quinoa (4 lb bag) at Costco in Southern California Orange County area. It was a great price. Where is the Costco where she saw the flour? I'd drive to get some because Costco prices are so good.

It was at the Phoenix store at Thomas and 44th Street. I'm sending my husband to check for it on Monday since he works in that neighborhood. I'll update with the price when he gets it.

It was at the Phoenix store at Thomas and 44th Street. I'm sending my husband to check for it on Monday since he works in that neighborhood. I'll update with the price when he gets it.

Thanks so much! :D I'm a bit far (in So. Calif. although if I were driving thru, I'd definitely stop & shop). I can always ask my local Costcos to stock it since it's already in some of their AZ stores.

Hm, I got a 10 lb. bag of Tom Sawyers Flour for $32...so that sounds pretty amazing. I'm going to see if ours here in PA have it.

We like the Tom Sawyer the best for general purpose use. Did you get it online or is it in stores now?

thanks

ken

Hm, I got a 10 lb. bag of Tom Sawyers Flour for $32...so that sounds pretty amazing. I'm going to see if ours here in PA have it.

I got it at the Gluten Free Source, LLC in Dillsburg, PA. You can order from them online. I thought the price was high, but I'm not disappointed. I cut it half and half with sorghum for baking, and it makes an amazing cookie.

Update:

I checked at Costco. My Costco did not carry it, but they were very helpful in looking up which stores in the area did. It seems about half the Costco's around here carry it. It is Bob's Red Mill Gluten Free Baking Flour and costs $5.99 for 5 pounds. If your Costco doesn't carry it I would ask them to check which ones near you do, maybe another one might.

Thanks -- only one on my island but sometimes they will order things from other costco or the mainland. 5.99 for 5 pounds is less than the other stores have 1 lb going for.

Amazing

Update:

I checked at Costco. My Costco did not carry it, but they were very helpful in looking up which stores in the area did. It seems about half the Costco's around here carry it. It is Bob's Red Mill Gluten Free Baking Flour and costs $5.99 for 5 pounds. If your Costco doesn't carry it I would ask them to check which ones near you do, maybe another one might.

Update: checked for the Bob's Red Mill gluten-free Flour at a local Costco in South Orange County in Calif. & they used to carry it but it was discontinued. The manager checked in the general LA area & it was discontinued elsewhere as well. Boo! :(