3 replies to this topic

#1 gabi84

gabi84

New Community Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 01 January 2010 - 07:59 AM

Hi, my name is Gabi...I do not believe that I have Celiac disease...I believe that I have a Candida overgrowth and I am looking to rectify that problem. The biggest obstacle so far: Finding out what foods I can and cannot eat!

I have researched to my death and I keep coming up with the same information: "If you go yeast free, go gluten free at the same time"...BUUT, I cannot find any information on foods that are safe and foods that I should avoid while doing both at the same time...I keep finding one or the other...and there is so much conflicting information!

I had wanted to print out the lists from this website by copy/pasting the list into a word document, but it creates an 11 page list that leaves half of the paper unused and, being an earth lover, I cannot justify wasting the paper!

Help!! Does anyone here have experience with eliminating yeast/gluten/sugar/dairy from their diets? I really need some pointers!

I cannot be the only person in this world trying to do this diet...can I??

Thanks so much, any information would be appreciated! :)

Celiac.com Sponsor:

#2 Cybele

Cybele

New Community Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 14 posts

Posted 01 January 2010 - 09:47 AM

I have had very bad acid reflux for the past 2 years. My brother, a D.O. in Maine, gave me an organic yeast test. It came back with very high levels of yeast. He put me on a gluten, sugar, and dairy, yeast elimination diet for 6 months. It was basically a vegetable (except mushrooms-due to the fungus), meat, and rice diet. It was hard to begin with but, I eventually got used to it. I am now off the diet and I slowly reintroduced those things I couldn't eat while on the diet. I still have problems with gluten.

I am in the process of doing the gluten challenge so I can be tested. I did really well when I was gluten-well. I have several rashes that look like DH which have been there for about 8 months or so. I don't know for sure yet since I have not been tested. I hope this helps!

Hi, my name is Gabi...I do not believe that I have Celiac disease...I believe that I have a Candida overgrowth and I am looking to rectify that problem. The biggest obstacle so far: Finding out what foods I can and cannot eat!

I have researched to my death and I keep coming up with the same information: "If you go yeast free, go gluten free at the same time"...BUUT, I cannot find any information on foods that are safe and foods that I should avoid while doing both at the same time...I keep finding one or the other...and there is so much conflicting information!

I had wanted to print out the lists from this website by copy/pasting the list into a word document, but it creates an 11 page list that leaves half of the paper unused and, being an earth lover, I cannot justify wasting the paper!

Help!! Does anyone here have experience with eliminating yeast/gluten/sugar/dairy from their diets? I really need some pointers!

I cannot be the only person in this world trying to do this diet...can I??

Thanks so much, any information would be appreciated! :)

#3 gabi84

gabi84

New Community Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 01 January 2010 - 11:00 AM

That does help, thank you so much!! I had started to get really confused about rice lol... some lists said to avoid it, others said limit it, and still others said have at it!

Now, do you know about corn products...like grits and cornmeal? I've read to avoid corn in it's vegetable form, but again, conflicting information on corn as a cereal/flour.

#4 Cybele

Cybele

New Community Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 14 posts

Posted 01 January 2010 - 04:31 PM

That does help, thank you so much!! I had started to get really confused about rice lol... some lists said to avoid it, others said limit it, and still others said have at it!

Now, do you know about corn products...like grits and cornmeal? I've read to avoid corn in it's vegetable form, but again, conflicting information on corn as a cereal/flour.

I continued eating corn products, such as grits. In either form I ate corn. So, I think it is fine.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: