Get email alerts Get Celiac.com E-mail Alerts  

Celiac.com Sponsor:
Celiac.com Sponsor:

Ads by Google:

Get email alerts  Subscribe to FREE Celiac.com email alerts

Reaction To Vitamins

5 posts in this topic

Hi

I just started taking a Calcium and Magnesium tablet, from the company Solgar, before sleeping and I think it's causing my DH to break out. Has anyone experience the same thing? If that isn't the cause I am out of ideas to keep Gluten Free. Is it possible to have DH without intake of wheat?

Ken Ritter

Ads by Google:

Vitamins and supplements can contain gluten, usually as fillers. I would check with the manufacturer if possible.

How long have you been gluten free? Sometimes it can take a while for the DH to go away. At first for me I would break out if I was in the same room as gluten, now I have to actually ingest it. I always know when I have gotten a lot of gluten because the rash comes back. I have heard though that some people with really bad DH can suddenly get an outbreak, even if they are gluten-free. Probably from residual antibodies in the body...I'm not really sure. You would need to go over EVERYTHING that you have eaten recently to see if there is something else questionable, and check on the vitamins.

God bless,

Mariann

Yep even vitamins can have gluten so make sure you call on that. Pretty much anything can contain gluten.

Maltodextrin in vitamins and otc meds can be made of wheat. That is the biggest contamination problem I get with meds and supplements.

Thank you for the extra blessing plantime. It's comforting to know that we can have confidence in God even if we're ill.

I have been gluten-free since fall of 2003. I have been reletively dh free since about two weeks ago and I started breaking out like crazy.

thanks for all your input.