#1 sillyken

sillyken

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 123 posts

Posted 08 May 2005 - 07:59 PM

Hi
I just started taking a Calcium and Magnesium tablet, from the company Solgar, before sleeping and I think it's causing my DH to break out. Has anyone experience the same thing? If that isn't the cause I am out of ideas to keep Gluten Free. Is it possible to have DH without intake of wheat?

Ken Ritter

Celiac.com Sponsor:

#2 gf4life

gf4life

Our family "photo" as drawn by my daughter Hannah

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,634 posts

Posted 08 May 2005 - 10:19 PM

Vitamins and supplements can contain gluten, usually as fillers. I would check with the manufacturer if possible.

How long have you been gluten free? Sometimes it can take a while for the DH to go away. At first for me I would break out if I was in the same room as gluten, now I have to actually ingest it. I always know when I have gotten a lot of gluten because the rash comes back. I have heard though that some people with really bad DH can suddenly get an outbreak, even if they are gluten-free. Probably from residual antibodies in the body...I'm not really sure. You would need to go over EVERYTHING that you have eaten recently to see if there is something else questionable, and check on the vitamins.

God bless,
Mariann
~West Coast-Central California~

Mariann, gluten intolerant and mother of 3 gluten intolerant children

#3 KaitiUSA

KaitiUSA

Be the change you wish to see in the world!

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,583 posts

Posted 09 May 2005 - 03:34 AM

Yep even vitamins can have gluten so make sure you call on that. Pretty much anything can contain gluten.
Kaiti
Positive bloodwork
Gluten-free since January 2004
Arkansas

Jeremiah 29:11- "For I know the plans that I have for you, declares the Lord, plans for you to prosper and not harm you,plans to give you a hope and future"

"One Nation, Under God"

Feel free to email me anytime....jkbrodbent@yahoo.com

#4 plantime

plantime

My two handsome grandsons

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,692 posts

Posted 09 May 2005 - 07:08 AM

Maltodextrin in vitamins and otc meds can be made of wheat. That is the biggest contamination problem I get with meds and supplements.
Dessa

The Lord bless you and keep you; the Lord make His face shine upon you and be gracious to you." Numbers 6:24-25

#5 sillyken

sillyken

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 123 posts

Posted 09 May 2005 - 02:52 PM

Thank you for the extra blessing plantime. It's comforting to know that we can have confidence in God even if we're ill.

I have been gluten-free since fall of 2003. I have been reletively dh free since about two weeks ago and I started breaking out like crazy.

thanks for all your input.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: