This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Support Celiac.com!
    eNewsletter
    Donate

New Format

Lisa

mushroom Proficient

Please, please help. It used to be that I would view topics so I could see which topics had replies I had not read. Now, I have no idea how to access this. The topics portion on the lower right side does not have anything to indicate which topics have new posts and which do not . . . at least not that I can see. I hope I am wrong.

Sorry, but I find this site VERY user unfriendly at the moment . . . so much so that I am considering going to another site altogether for info, products, etc. Augh.

On the right-hand side just about the blue "Start a New Topic" you will see "View new content". Or depending on which page you are on it will be above "Recently Added Topics" which is also in a blue box.

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply
psawyer Proficient

Look on the right hand side of the page near the top. There is an RSS icon, and near to it is a clickable item that says "View New Content." That is the function you are looking for to see topics and posts that are new since your last visit. To mark everything as read (for example, when you are done for a session), there is a clickable item at the very bottom to "Mark Board as Read."

Mushroom described it differently, but also correctly.

Lynayah Enthusiast

Look on the right hand side of the page near the top. There is an RSS icon, and near to it is a clickable item that says "View New Content." That is the function you are looking for to see topics and posts that are new since your last visit. To mark everything as read (for example, when you are done for a session), there is a clickable item at the very bottom to "Mark Board as Read."

Mushroom described it differently, but also correctly.

Sorry, it appears I wasn't clear in my post -- my apologies. I need to be able to view the new replies to my subscribed topics. How might I do it, please? I used to be able to do it easily previously. Thank you for any assistance.

Wolicki Enthusiast

I don't like the green.

But Andrew, green is the favored color in Wheatland, and also Wheat :lol::lol::lol:

:ph34r:

DingoGirl Enthusiast

Um, Janet..... ... . .......can you come over here this aft and show me where the fan switch on my furnace is?

:lol: She's a smart one, that Jan-it!

What I want to know is how to do multiple quotes? If I hit "multi quote" (is that what it says?) it doesn't seem to display all my quotes - I just did this and it only showed two......

help?

mushroom Proficient

What I want to know is how to do multiple quotes? If I hit "multi quote" (is that what it says?) it doesn't seem to display all my quotes - I just did this and it only showed two......

help?

Can't help yet. I'm still on the showroom floor. Have to find the accelerator before I do a test drive..

:lol:

Mebbe also the brake??? :P

Darn210 Enthusiast

:lol: She's a smart one, that Jan-it!

help?

Susie . . . I did a quote test for ya on the Tickle thread . . . I had no problems (did 6 quotes, did nae test for a limit though).

Not sure what you did . . . but I hit the multiquote button on each post and the reply button at the very bottom (not one of the reply buttons on an individual post)

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

Darn210 Enthusiast

Can't help yet. I'm still on the showroom floor. Have to find the accelerator before I do a test drive..

Mebbe also the brake??? :P

Neroli, before anyone can help you, we need to know if you drive on the left or the right side of the road in New Zealand? :lol:

mushroom Proficient

Neroli, before anyone can help you, we need to know if you drive on the left or the right side of the road in New Zealand? :lol:

Sometimes both, if I forget where I am :ph34r: However, mostly it's the tourists who drive on the wrong (right) side. :lol: I scared the cr*p out of meselph and another guy the other day when I pulled out on this little country road, on the *right* (wrong) side and was tottling merrily along until I saw this car coming toward me and was about to call home to tell hubby someone was driving on the wrong side of the road...well, y'all know that joke, right? Anyways, harm was averted to vehicles and peeples. It's just that I feel so darned comfortable on both sides of the road :lol: I can be a menace! So anyway, you probably still can't help me :rolleyes:

kenlove Rising Star

Thanks Scott,

I found it -- just not as obvious as before. Have not found any bugs and have been trying.

I think you'll find that what people use the most is looking at new topics they have not read and then marking everything as read to make it easier when they come back. In the future these two buttons should be closer to each other and obvious. Bigger type and color coded would also help. Otherwise the format is pretty seamless once you get used to it.

Nice Job

PS - I think the way to mark all posts as read is on the bottom-left--there is a "Mark Board As Read" link there.

Take care,

Scott

Darn210 Enthusiast

Sorry, it appears I wasn't clear in my post -- my apologies. I need to be able to view the new replies to my subscribed topics. How might I do it, please? I used to be able to do it easily previously. Thank you for any assistance.

Lynayah, I never subscribed/watched any topics before so I don't know how it worked. However, I poked around and found the following. Check to see if this is what you need:

From the forum home page, on the right there is a box with "Recently Added Topic" on a blue header. Right below that is a box with "Watched Content" also on a blue header. Within this box, click on "Topics." Then you might need to click on the toggle button. (Don't know yet as I am currently experimenting with this feature).

On a side note, I don't know if your watched/subscribed topics transferred during the update so if nothing shows up there, you may want to resubscribe.

JennyC Enthusiast

I can't figure out how to "view all new posts!" I don't have the time to go through each category to look for topics of interest. :blink:

Glamour Explorer

It is kind of ugly and way too bright. Does not function as well. But we will forget.

psawyer Proficient

I can't figure out how to "view all new posts!" I don't have the time to go through each category to look for topics of interest. :blink:

Click on "View New Content" near the RSS icon at the right side of the page near the top.

RiceGuy Collaborator

Hi Everyone...thank you for your comments. I hope everyone has figured out most of the issues that have been posted here so far, and if not perhaps we can compile a single list here with all issues that are unresolved, or things that look like bugs? Any takers?

Sure, that unresponsive script I mentioned is in fact still there, or it came back at least. However, it would seem to be browser specific, as it does it with Firefox, but hasn't done it with Opera yet. So far, the problem seems to only show up for threads, not the list of new content.

Threads still load very very slowly. The list of new content loads considerably faster than the threads. Looks like most of the page loads, then it gets bogged down somewhere. Maybe it's due to an ad server. I might try blocking ads to see if that makes a difference, but I don't really want to do that just to use the site. After all, advertisers help keep the site going, and occasionally I'm interested enough to click.

Anyone else with hi-speed Internet see a slow-down compared to the old board?

Jestgar Rising Star

Mine seems the same, both at home and at work. I use Firefox and haven't seen the 'unresponsive script', but then, you may normally use more features of the board than I do.

happygirl Collaborator

If anything, its faster for me.

RiceGuy Collaborator

Mine seems the same, both at home and at work. I use Firefox and haven't seen the 'unresponsive script', but then, you may normally use more features of the board than I do.

I'm just clicking to a thread to read it, nothing more. In the last few minutes, there were a few pages that didn't take so long, and the script error didn't occur. Then when I got to this thread, it lagged a bit, but not as long as it has been doing. No script error there either, but the lag seems to coincide with a read from pagead2.googlesyndication.com (or something like that). Kinda tricky to tell, since the statusbar may not be updated during the lag period.

My best guess thus far is that an ad has a buggy script, and is on a slow ad server. If so, it should clear up once the ad goes out of rotation, or hopefully someone will remove the darn thing.

<EDIT>

When I posted this reply, I watched for the aforementioned ad server. I didn't see anything come from there, there was no script error, and the page loaded faster.

AndrewNYC Explorer

It is kind of ugly and way too bright. Does not function as well. But we will forget.

I agree. Who complained about the old board? This is not change I can believe in.

Jestgar Rising Star

I don't think anyone complained. Software packages get updated, and the old versions stop being supported. This happens to be what the new package is. Maybe Scott had some say in the colors and layout, but maybe not. I didn't get to choose the layout for Office 2007, it just came with the upgrade.

Lynayah Enthusiast

Lynayah, I never subscribed/watched any topics before so I don't know how it worked. However, I poked around and found the following. Check to see if this is what you need:

From the forum home page, on the right there is a box with "Recently Added Topic" on a blue header. Right below that is a box with "Watched Content" also on a blue header. Within this box, click on "Topics." Then you might need to click on the toggle button. (Don't know yet as I am currently experimenting with this feature).

On a side note, I don't know if your watched/subscribed topics transferred during the update so if nothing shows up there, you may want to resubscribe.

Hi, Janet!

Thank you for your help. You're a doll to try to figure it out without ever using the subscribe function. I think you've just become one of my favorite people!

I've been using the functions you mention. Unfortunately, the topics do not show which ones have new replies and which ones do not. The old system showed you at a glance. The only way to tell if anyone has replied -- unless I am missing something -- is to open every darn thread, scroll, scroll, scroll . . . and if you see something new, good for you . . . and if you don't, well, that's valuable time you'll never be able to replace in your lifetime!

On top of it, to be able to get back into the topics, you have to exit the topic just viewed, go all the way back to the forum main page, click topics again, and then enter whatever topic you're searching. It is a huge pain and a horrible time waster (sorry, my anger isn't aimed toward anyone here, I am just very frustrated right now).

mushroom Proficient

Another way to do it would be to click on your own profile, click on your posts, and find the topics you are interested in from there. I don't use the subscribe feature so can't help with that, but this is the way I find out if I have missed a response to a post. :)

psawyer Proficient

This was a major upgrade--many things have changed. The look and feel is different and we all all feeling our way round, including the moderators.

There have been a number of issues identified. Some of them have been resolved, and others are still being worked on. Please bear with us as we work them out. Ask questions and post issues here. We will do our best to address them.

JennyC Enthusiast

Click on "View New Content" near the RSS icon at the right side of the page near the top.

Thanks! I guess that I was distracted by the bright blue buttons near by! :lol:

DownWithGluten Explorer

This is not change I can believe in.

I don't mind the new board. I noticed it for about a milisecond and then kept looking for whatever I was looking for. We'll get used to it. We're the masters of adaptability what with our removing 85% of existent convenient food diet and all.

Archived