4 replies to this topic

#1 cbear6301

cbear6301

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 76 posts

Posted 05 January 2010 - 04:37 AM

So I am sure I got glutened over christmas... almost positive. Ate two things that looked to be gluten free but couldn't be verified. I didn't get the normal gluten symptoms...dizziness migraine. but instead have had the worst gas, bloating, and very loose stools.. I have not had a solid bm since christmas. In fact, I have to run to the bathroom when I do need to go and its always loose, almost like diarrhea. I am getting concerned now because it won't stop and everything seems to go through me..I never got my usual and now am wondering if I even got glutened. It hard to see a doctor about this because I self diagnosed with the help of my chiropractor so I just don't know what to do.
Has anyone had the stomach things last a long time? any advice? Thanks
Went gluten-free 4-1-09 after years of being sick suggested by a fluke visit to a new chiropractor
I had been sick since I was little but no one ever knew why.
IBS
Migraines
Vertigo
Miscarriages and lost my third child to stillbirth
Liver and Spleen problems
Lactose Intolerance
Anxiety
hair loss
Hypoglycemia
Foggy Brain
Joint pain-diagnosed with Fibromylagia

Celiac.com Sponsor:

#2 Salax

Salax

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 430 posts

Posted 05 January 2010 - 02:57 PM

Eat light meals: chicken soup with rice or rice noddles, jello, eggs...make sure you drink plenty of water and gatorade. I would also recommend some probotics.

While you are on the mend, try not to stress...it's possible that it can be the stomach flu. I had that a while back and though it was glutening until I went to my doc.

I hope you feel better. B)

Salax
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Celiac Disease - Gluten Free since Feb 2009,
Cow Milk &  Corn free - June 2012,
Gall Bladder Failure - Removed July 2009,
Colitis, Hashimotos Disease, & Diverticulitis

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
( )_( )
(='.'=)
(")_(") Eat your vegetables!

#3 frustrated09

frustrated09

Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 25 posts

Posted 05 January 2010 - 09:14 PM

go back to the basic foods that are known to not bother you. Last week I spent a day eating plain rice, bananas, apple, hot dogs for protein. Did you get a new lotion for Christmas or anything new that you've been using since. It took me forever to figure out that I had to change anything and everything that touches my skin. My newest issue is I think the carrageenan in the coconut milk may be giving me gas along with lactic acid which is in my soy free butter. good luck

Marsha -self-diagnosed gluten/dairy/soy intollerant

#4 cbear6301

cbear6301

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 76 posts

Posted 06 January 2010 - 04:37 AM

We had a very simple christmas so no lotions... we did eat alot of food..and not the best of foods, though almost everything was verified gluten free through a phone call , now wondering if something was not actually gluten free.. there was more junk than I typically eat. I am regretting it all...I am taking your advice and moving to a simple diet. Like I said, I don't feel glutened, it feels more like my IBS of years ago. I just don't understand, unless because I always eat right and going that far off the path really upset my system.

uggg.. got sick again.. tired of getting sick.

thanks guys..
Went gluten-free 4-1-09 after years of being sick suggested by a fluke visit to a new chiropractor
I had been sick since I was little but no one ever knew why.
IBS
Migraines
Vertigo
Miscarriages and lost my third child to stillbirth
Liver and Spleen problems
Lactose Intolerance
Anxiety
hair loss
Hypoglycemia
Foggy Brain
Joint pain-diagnosed with Fibromylagia

#5 bonespsyd

bonespsyd

New Community Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 06 January 2010 - 08:39 AM

I can totally relate. I had a meal that was lovingly prepared by my good friends (all apparenlty gluten free). I had to run home half way through the meal. I got really sick. We figured it was a combination of two things: 1. It turns out many things vary quite a bit by brand/manufacturer (they were using many foreign brands, and some vinegar that was likely made with malt); and 2. The foods themselves were a bit unusual (my guts were not used to them). I think if you are on a gluten free diet, and doing well, sometimes simply introducing a new food can set you off. The holidays are a perfect time for this...lots of new, different foods that we don't eat everyday.
It has been 10 days for me and I am just getting back to normal after eating super-safe foods all week.

Hope you feel better too!
Bonespsyd

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: