Get email alerts Get Celiac.com E-mail Alerts  

Celiac.com Sponsor:
Celiac.com Sponsor:

Ads by Google:

Get email alerts  Subscribe to FREE Celiac.com email alerts

Glutened Over Christmas

5 posts in this topic

So I am sure I got glutened over christmas... almost positive. Ate two things that looked to be gluten free but couldn't be verified. I didn't get the normal gluten symptoms...dizziness migraine. but instead have had the worst gas, bloating, and very loose stools.. I have not had a solid bm since christmas. In fact, I have to run to the bathroom when I do need to go and its always loose, almost like diarrhea. I am getting concerned now because it won't stop and everything seems to go through me..I never got my usual and now am wondering if I even got glutened. It hard to see a doctor about this because I self diagnosed with the help of my chiropractor so I just don't know what to do.

Has anyone had the stomach things last a long time? any advice? Thanks

Ads by Google:

Eat light meals: chicken soup with rice or rice noddles, jello, eggs...make sure you drink plenty of water and gatorade. I would also recommend some probotics.

While you are on the mend, try not to stress...it's possible that it can be the stomach flu. I had that a while back and though it was glutening until I went to my doc.

I hope you feel better. B)

go back to the basic foods that are known to not bother you. Last week I spent a day eating plain rice, bananas, apple, hot dogs for protein. Did you get a new lotion for Christmas or anything new that you've been using since. It took me forever to figure out that I had to change anything and everything that touches my skin. My newest issue is I think the carrageenan in the coconut milk may be giving me gas along with lactic acid which is in my soy free butter. good luck

Marsha -self-diagnosed gluten/dairy/soy intollerant

We had a very simple christmas so no lotions... we did eat alot of food..and not the best of foods, though almost everything was verified gluten free through a phone call , now wondering if something was not actually gluten free.. there was more junk than I typically eat. I am regretting it all...I am taking your advice and moving to a simple diet. Like I said, I don't feel glutened, it feels more like my IBS of years ago. I just don't understand, unless because I always eat right and going that far off the path really upset my system.

uggg.. got sick again.. tired of getting sick.

thanks guys..

I can totally relate. I had a meal that was lovingly prepared by my good friends (all apparenlty gluten free). I had to run home half way through the meal. I got really sick. We figured it was a combination of two things: 1. It turns out many things vary quite a bit by brand/manufacturer (they were using many foreign brands, and some vinegar that was likely made with malt); and 2. The foods themselves were a bit unusual (my guts were not used to them). I think if you are on a gluten free diet, and doing well, sometimes simply introducing a new food can set you off. The holidays are a perfect time for this...lots of new, different foods that we don't eat everyday.

It has been 10 days for me and I am just getting back to normal after eating super-safe foods all week.

Hope you feel better too!