2 replies to this topic

#1 blankenshipfamily

blankenshipfamily

New Community Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 06 January 2010 - 11:12 AM

has anyone stayed at the MGM Grand on a gluten-free diet? if so any thoughts? my husband and i are going there in june to celebrate our 10 year wedding anniversary. i appreciate any input :)

Celiac.com Sponsor:

#2 Wolicki

Wolicki

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 948 posts

Posted 06 January 2010 - 01:56 PM

I found this link. Looks like some great choices!
http://www.lasvegasr...no in las vegas
Gluten free is not so bad! If you are new, hang it there, it gets easier!

#3 wildwood

wildwood

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 139 posts

Posted 06 January 2010 - 04:32 PM

My family and I stayed there this past May. We had good experiences at Wolfgang Puck's restaurant and Craftsteak. We went to Craftsteak our last night there. It is a little expensive, but in our opinion worth it. We enjoyed the Spring Tasting Menu. My daughter informed the waiter she was gluten free and he checked with the chef to confirm safe foods. To my daughter's astonishment he came back and told her the chef said she could choose anything on the menu and he would make sure it was gluten free. She also chose the tasting menu and she was thrilled to be able to try all of the different foods. It seems so often her only choice is a salad with chicken. I would highly recommend the tasting menu. It was fun to try all of the diffent foods and everything we tried was exceptional. The only thing she had to have different was dessert, but they brought her out a beautiful bowl of fresh fruit (blackberries, raspberries, etc.) all the vision of perfection with cream. Our desserts were good, but we had to admit we were jealous of hers. The presentation was beautiful. If you watch "Top Chef", this is one of the restaurants owned by the head judge Tom Colicchio.

She enjoyed her meal at Wolfgang Puck's so much she still brings up how much she liked it. She had fish of some sort, but I do not remember exactly what she ate there.

I would highly recommend both of these restaurants.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: