Green Giant Broccoli & Cheese

• Please log in to reply

6 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_imsohungry_*

Guest_imsohungry_*
  • Guests

Posted 10 May 2005 - 03:15 AM

Hey you guys,

I tried to find out on the web if Green Giant Broccoli and Cheese frozen side-dish is gluten-free. I couldn't find a gluten-free list on their site. So, I called the company...they said that I needed to read the ingredients....well, DUHHHHHHH! :angry:

I know, obviously, that the Broccoli is gluten-free. I'm just a little concerned about the cheese sauce.

Does anyone know definitively if this product is gluten-free? It's my lunch today :blink:

Thanks for any input. -Julie :)

Celiac.com Sponsor:

#2 lovegrov

lovegrov

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,537 posts

Posted 10 May 2005 - 04:47 AM

Green Giant is a Gerneral Mills company and General Mills will clearly list any gluten. So, as the person on the phone told you, all you need to do is read the ingredients. If it doesn't list wheat, rye, barley or oats, it's gluten-free.

richard

#3 KaitiUSA

KaitiUSA

Be the change you wish to see in the world!

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,583 posts

Posted 10 May 2005 - 05:16 AM

Yep...just read the label they do not hide anything so it will clearly say wheat,rye,barley, oats if it contains any :D
Kaiti
Positive bloodwork
Gluten-free since January 2004
Arkansas

Jeremiah 29:11- "For I know the plans that I have for you, declares the Lord, plans for you to prosper and not harm you,plans to give you a hope and future"

"One Nation, Under God"

Feel free to email me anytime....jkbrodbent@yahoo.com

#4 Guest_imsohungry_*

Guest_imsohungry_*
  • Guests

Posted 10 May 2005 - 05:28 AM

Thank you,

I just wasn't sure. I was left a bit confused after my phone conversation with the rep. :rolleyes: I think it was the way that she said it that confused me. I was trying to find out if there was any hidden gluten...and she just kept saying "read the label." When I asked if it was clearly stated, she said, "we only list top allergens." Anyway, I was just left a bit frustrated and confused.

Thank you for responding!!!! :) -Julie

#5 misskatycat

misskatycat

New Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • Pip
  • 17 posts

Posted 06 March 2010 - 02:53 PM

I just found a PDF file of a list of Green Giants Gluten Free Products and it said all of the canned products and unsauced veggies were gluten free. Hope this Helps

Hey you guys,

I tried to find out on the web if Green Giant Broccoli and Cheese frozen side-dish is gluten-free. I couldn't find a gluten-free list on their site. So, I called the company...they said that I needed to read the ingredients....well, DUHHHHHHH! :angry:

I know, obviously, that the Broccoli is gluten-free. I'm just a little concerned about the cheese sauce.

Does anyone know definitively if this product is gluten-free? It's my lunch today :blink:

Thanks for any input. -Julie :)

Katy S. DX Celiac Dec. 2008

#6 Lisa

Lisa

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,802 posts

Posted 06 March 2010 - 03:18 PM

Please make sure, when you read product information on this forum or others, to check the date of the post - as this one is over five years old.

Many time product information is subject to change without notice. As well, it would not be safe to rely on information posted five years ago. B)

...just saying ;) (as my kids say )
Lisa

Gluten Free - August 15, 2004

"Not all who wander are lost" - JRR Tolkien

#7 psawyer

psawyer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,070 posts

Posted 06 March 2010 - 05:28 PM

Green Giant is a Gerneral Mills company and General Mills will clearly list any gluten. So, as the person on the phone told you, all you need to do is read the ingredients. If it doesn't list wheat, rye, barley or oats, it's gluten-free.

richard

Five years later, this is still true. General Mills shares this label policy with Unilever and Kraft, among others. Product formulas may have changed, but the policy regarding clear disclosure of any gluten has not. ALWAYS READ LABELS.
Peter
Diagnosis by biopsy of practically non-existent villi; gluten-free since July 2000.
Type 1 (autoimmune) diabetes diagnosed in March 1986
Markham, Ontario (borders on Toronto)

Celiac.com - Celiac Disease Board Moderator

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: