Get email alerts Get Celiac.com E-mail Alerts  

Celiac.com Sponsor:
Celiac.com Sponsor:

Ads by Google:

Get email alerts  Subscribe to FREE Celiac.com email alerts

Green Giant Broccoli & Cheese

7 posts in this topic

Hey you guys,

I tried to find out on the web if Green Giant Broccoli and Cheese frozen side-dish is gluten-free. I couldn't find a gluten-free list on their site. So, I called the company...they said that I needed to read the ingredients....well, DUHHHHHHH! :angry:

I know, obviously, that the Broccoli is gluten-free. I'm just a little concerned about the cheese sauce.

Does anyone know definitively if this product is gluten-free? It's my lunch today :blink:

Thanks for any input. -Julie :)

Ads by Google:

Green Giant is a Gerneral Mills company and General Mills will clearly list any gluten. So, as the person on the phone told you, all you need to do is read the ingredients. If it doesn't list wheat, rye, barley or oats, it's gluten-free.

richard

Yep...just read the label they do not hide anything so it will clearly say wheat,rye,barley, oats if it contains any :D

Thank you,

I just wasn't sure. I was left a bit confused after my phone conversation with the rep. :rolleyes: I think it was the way that she said it that confused me. I was trying to find out if there was any hidden gluten...and she just kept saying "read the label." When I asked if it was clearly stated, she said, "we only list top allergens." Anyway, I was just left a bit frustrated and confused.

Thank you for responding!!!! :) -Julie

I just found a PDF file of a list of Green Giants Gluten Free Products and it said all of the canned products and unsauced veggies were gluten free. Hope this Helps

Hey you guys,

I tried to find out on the web if Green Giant Broccoli and Cheese frozen side-dish is gluten-free. I couldn't find a gluten-free list on their site. So, I called the company...they said that I needed to read the ingredients....well, DUHHHHHHH! :angry:

I know, obviously, that the Broccoli is gluten-free. I'm just a little concerned about the cheese sauce.

Does anyone know definitively if this product is gluten-free? It's my lunch today :blink:

Thanks for any input. -Julie :)

Please make sure, when you read product information on this forum or others, to check the date of the post - as this one is over five years old.

Many time product information is subject to change without notice. As well, it would not be safe to rely on information posted five years ago. B)

...just saying ;) (as my kids say )

Green Giant is a Gerneral Mills company and General Mills will clearly list any gluten. So, as the person on the phone told you, all you need to do is read the ingredients. If it doesn't list wheat, rye, barley or oats, it's gluten-free.

richard

Five years later, this is still true. General Mills shares this label policy with Unilever and Kraft, among others. Product formulas may have changed, but the policy regarding clear disclosure of any gluten has not. ALWAYS READ LABELS.