#1 seven

seven

New Community Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 12 January 2010 - 12:23 PM

Hello-

I am a new member and last night I posted a topic in the "Celiac Disease - Pre-Diagnosis, Testing & Symptoms" area. When I go to that area, my thread does not show up. The only way I can find it is by going to my profile and searching for my threads. Am I doing something wrong?

Less importantly, what does "pinned" mean in the topic list?

Thanks,

-Andrew
-Seven

06/2006 - Start of gastro problems
08/2007 - Endoscopy provides dx of gastritis
10/2009 - ER with sever abdominal pain, in hospital for 4 days. Endoscopy showed gastritis.
12/2009 - Endoscopy follow-up, biopsy suggestive of celiac disease
01/2010 - Blood testing confirms celiac disease

Celiac.com Sponsor:

#2 psawyer

psawyer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,070 posts

Posted 12 January 2010 - 12:54 PM

Hi, Andrew,

Actually, the pinned answer is the answer to your primary question.

New topics are reviewed by a member of the moderating team. The moderator examines the new topic, and then does something with it. If the topic is appropriate, and is in the correct forum, then the mod pins the topic. If the topic is in the wrong place, the mod will move it to the correct place, and then pin it there. If the topic is in violation of the board rules, the mod will suppress it. So, the pinned state is an indicator to the other mods that one of us has seen and approved the topic.

When you look at a forum, all the pinned topics appear at the top, with the one most recently updated first. Topics that are not pinned appear at the bottom--this is where new topics go at first.

You can see all recent activity, regardless of pinning, by clicking on "View New Content."

Unfortunately, since the recent software upgrade, we are not seeing the pinned status in the new content view, so some new topics are getting missed. We do eventually find them, but it may cause a long delay.
Peter
Diagnosis by biopsy of practically non-existent villi; gluten-free since July 2000.
Type 1 (autoimmune) diabetes diagnosed in March 1986
Markham, Ontario (borders on Toronto)

Celiac.com - Celiac Disease Board Moderator

#3 seven

seven

New Community Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 12 January 2010 - 01:57 PM

Peter,

Thanks for the explanation! For a second there I thought I was going crazy, but now it all makes sense..

-Andrew
-Seven

06/2006 - Start of gastro problems
08/2007 - Endoscopy provides dx of gastritis
10/2009 - ER with sever abdominal pain, in hospital for 4 days. Endoscopy showed gastritis.
12/2009 - Endoscopy follow-up, biopsy suggestive of celiac disease
01/2010 - Blood testing confirms celiac disease

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: