Get email alerts Get Celiac.com E-mail Alerts  

Celiac.com Sponsor:
Celiac.com Sponsor:

Ads by Google:

Get email alerts  Subscribe to FREE Celiac.com email alerts

Great Plains Labs

3 posts in this topic

Hey there... So, I am going to get tested for other food intolerances. I have been having abdominal pain off and on for several weeks, and I did not have this kind of pain before going gluten-free. (Had gallbladd cked out and is okay). I was thinking of getting tested with Great Plains Labs or York, depending on which was easier with insurance. Has anyone used either of these. Was it work getting tested?

Ads by Google:

Hi Jen,

I have being wondering the same thing. I would like to use York if I can because I wouldn't have to have a Dr. percription. Hopefully some one can shed some light on the subject for us. My daughter is better gluten-free but I still think she has other issues that we haven't found.

Best Wishes!

Kasey'sMom-

Yeah, these tests definitely seem to be helpful. I decided to do it because I have had abdominal pain for several weeks after going gluten-free ! I looked around at places, york and great plains, and decided on great plains because they were cheaper, and I could submit the test to my insurance and get it covered. But if you're wanting to go that route w/o a doctor, york would be good. I'm not sure if you need a doctor's for great plains only if you submit to insurance or even if you pay cash yourself. York does give you a $100 discount if you pay cash for your test. Good luck with your daughter!