2 replies to this topic

#1 jenvan

jenvan

Lynne took this picture! :)

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,211 posts

Posted 10 May 2005 - 06:25 AM

Hey there... So, I am going to get tested for other food intolerances. I have been having abdominal pain off and on for several weeks, and I did not have this kind of pain before going gluten-free. (Had gallbladd cked out and is okay). I was thinking of getting tested with Great Plains Labs or York, depending on which was easier with insurance. Has anyone used either of these. Was it work getting tested?
~~~~~~~
Jen
Indianapolis, IN

gluten-free since Feb 2005
dairy-free

Celiac.com Sponsor:

#2 Kasey'sMom

Kasey'sMom

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 486 posts

Posted 16 May 2005 - 01:13 PM

Hi Jen,
I have being wondering the same thing. I would like to use York if I can because I wouldn't have to have a Dr. percription. Hopefully some one can shed some light on the subject for us. My daughter is better gluten-free but I still think she has other issues that we haven't found.

Best Wishes!

#3 jenvan

jenvan

Lynne took this picture! :)

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,211 posts

Posted 17 May 2005 - 04:45 AM

Kasey'sMom-
Yeah, these tests definitely seem to be helpful. I decided to do it because I have had abdominal pain for several weeks after going gluten-free ! I looked around at places, york and great plains, and decided on great plains because they were cheaper, and I could submit the test to my insurance and get it covered. But if you're wanting to go that route w/o a doctor, york would be good. I'm not sure if you need a doctor's for great plains only if you submit to insurance or even if you pay cash yourself. York does give you a $100 discount if you pay cash for your test. Good luck with your daughter!
~~~~~~~
Jen
Indianapolis, IN

gluten-free since Feb 2005
dairy-free

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: