2 replies to this topic

#1 11111

Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 31 posts

Posted 10 May 2005 - 06:50 AM

Hi,
My husband has been gluten free for 2-3 years. When he does get any kind of wheat, oats, yeast and etc. he gets really sick, tired and headaches. His teeth lost the enamual and had to be capped. I am sure he is a celiac person. He will go to the doc in a month to have a tube put down his throat. The doc said to eat 2 slices of bread a day for two weeks. He has a very important job and can't afford to be sick. Should he bread it or not?

Thanks for your time - Nancy

Celiac.com Sponsor:

#2 angel_jd1

angel_jd1

Gluten Free Goddess

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,053 posts

Posted 10 May 2005 - 07:19 AM

Actually he needs to eat the equivilent of two-three servings of bread for about 3-6 months!!! 2 Weeks isn't going to cause enough damage to be seen on the scope he is having. <_< So basically the scope will be a waste of time and his diagnosis (if only based on the scope) will come back negative.

I really wish doctors would do some more research.

-Jessica :rolleyes:
Jessica
Gluten Free since 12-31-2002!!
Kansas

#3 KaitiUSA

KaitiUSA

Be the change you wish to see in the world!

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,583 posts

Posted 10 May 2005 - 07:39 AM

He needs to be on for gluten for a good 3 months. 2 weeks will not be enough. The results will come back negative.

In my opinion if you know he does horrible on gluten then why put him on it? Do you need the biopsy done for a specific reason? Did he have a diagnosis before or why did he get off of all gluten? Has he got better off of it?
Kaiti
Positive bloodwork
Gluten-free since January 2004
Arkansas

Jeremiah 29:11- "For I know the plans that I have for you, declares the Lord, plans for you to prosper and not harm you,plans to give you a hope and future"

"One Nation, Under God"

Feel free to email me anytime....jkbrodbent@yahoo.com

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: