This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Support Celiac.com!
    eNewsletter
    Donate

Free Frostys This Weekend!

SharonF

SharonF Contributor

www.wendys.com

I guess they think they need some good publicity after that whole "finger in the chili" incident; they're giving away free Frosties all weekend just for asking!

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

KaitiUSA Enthusiast

wow thats awesome

Yes Frosty's are gluten free :D

celiac3270 Collaborator

I had just read about it on another board. Yes, that's terrific! :D

celiac3270 Collaborator

Here's the pdf file w/ their gluten-free list:

Open Original Shared Link

celiac3270 Collaborator

Just to remind everyone...it starts today! ;)

KaitiUSA Enthusiast

Free is always nice...especially when you just bought your college books for courses getting ready to start and now your broke...free sounds real good right about now

Now do you have to specifically ask for a free one? Or when you order it they will just say thats free?

P.S..o yeah and is there a limit on how many you can get free? lol

celiac3270 Collaborator

Yes. You have to ask for a free frosty and the limit is one per customer. I don't think they're going to remember you, though, if you come back a little later. And if you think they might, you can just wear different clothing or a very large hat, lol :lol:

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

KaitiUSA Enthusiast

Darn..I thought I could get as many as I wanted and fill my freezer...one for every day :lol:

angel-jd1 Community Regular

:rolleyes: I have been told that our local Wendy's is only giving them away free with a purchase of food GRRRRR Even the website says no purchase is needed!!! GEESH!

-Jessica :rolleyes:

celiac3270 Collaborator

Yeah, lol :lol:

Jessica, I think they say "at participating stores" or something. But they should either do it or not--with no strings attached.

Guest nini

the website does say all you have to say is "free frosty" but a "please" would be nice!

KaitiUSA Enthusiast

We drove through and they asked if we would like a free frosty :D but they were like kiddie size <_<

Guest nini

yeah it's free JR. frosties!!! LOL! My daughter and I had lunch at Wendy's today and they were passing out balloons to all the kids and bringing the free frosties to everyone's table. It was nice though. They were really busy so I'm guessing this is working for them!

mytummyhurts Contributor

Yeah, we were there too today and it was really busy.

I thought I had read somewhere that their fries were gluten free as long as they were cooked in their own frier. But I didn't see it on the list celiac3270 posted. Does anybody know? I hope they are, because I ate some. :unsure:

KaitiUSA Enthusiast

McDonalds fries are the ones that are gluten free and in a separate fryer. I have a list of Wendy's gluten free products and their fries are not on it.

If you go to their site they have the ingredients for their products on a note below the fries it says they may be used in the same oil as the crispy chicken nuggets and some other things...I definitely would not eat them

celiac3270 Collaborator

Darn...Friday I got home late from school and Saturday I had placement tests for high school next year...I still haven't gotten one <_< . Tomorrow! ;)

mytummyhurts Contributor
McDonalds fries are the ones that are gluten free and in a separate fryer. I have a list of Wendy's gluten free products and their fries are not on it.

If you go to their site they have the ingredients for their products on a note below the fries it says they may be used in the same oil as the crispy chicken nuggets and some other things...I definitely would not eat them

I asked them and they said they were cooked seperately.

KaitiUSA Enthusiast

If they were cooked separately then I would think they are fine. They could have been cooked separately but on their website it says they may be cooked with the same oil.I would get the wendys # and call the main office to see their policy on it and see if the fries can be considered gluten free..

hopefully it was fine and you can keep enjoying them :D

Open Original Shared Link

mytummyhurts Contributor

The site I got my info on their fries from said different Wendy's have different policies where cooking in seperate oil is concerned so you have to ask at each one.

celiac3270 Collaborator

LOL, I'm finally going to go to a Wendy's today for the free frosty. Then if I like it go back in with sunglasses on and ask for another, lol, just kidding.

They may have been gluten-free in your case, but I still wouldn't want to eat their fries if there's no set policy...and the people behind the counter might not really know or care what you're asking about--I've found that in McDonalds they yes me all the time--is it made in a dedicated fryer or only with other gluten-free products? The glazed eyes, bored stare, and constant yes, yes, yes. I prefer McD's though where the company actually certifys that the fries are gluten-free--and if they screw it up, you can complain, cause it goes against company policy--you can't with Wendy's.

mytummyhurts Contributor

I guess I won't eat them anymore, because it's better to be safe than sorry! And they're not so great that I will miss them. McD's are yummier anyways. I should just stop eating fries, because they are all bad for you regardless if they are gluten-free or not. :lol:

jknnej Collaborator

Is there any risk of cross contamination with the Frosty? Or is the machine clean? Clean, meaning gluten-free, of course! lol

Pardon the dumb question, I assume if everyone is eating them they must be safe b/c you guys are the gold standard for finding out if it's gluten-free in my opinion:)

KaitiUSA Enthusiast

No question here is dumb :D

Yes, to my knowledge only frostys are made in the machine they come out of and I know Frosty's are gluten free. That's one of the only things I trust from Wendy's.

My friend went there and ordered something and made the cashier account for all 10 fingers :lol:

jknnej Collaborator

LOL they are getting so much crap for that woman's finger case and it wasn't even real!!!

Wasn't there a case, though, recently with a man who really did find a part of a finger and it was legitimate?

KaitiUSA Enthusiast

Yep theres more about that in a thread in the gab room from a while ago. His case was legitimate...doesn't look like he's out to fraud anyone.

Even though the Wendy's case wasn't "real" I still find myself looking through the frosty's for chuncks :lol:

Archived