This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Support Celiac.com!
    eNewsletter
    Donate

Your Favorite Cereals

blessedmomto3a

blessedmomto3a Rookie

Okay so I eat tons of Honey Nut Chex (that is the Chex I like) and I just started eating Fruity Pebbles (and I can't find Berry Berry Kix as someone else mentioned earlier). Any other gluten free cereals you like? Thank so much as I really like cereal and eat often as a meal (breakfast, lunch or dinner).

Blessings,

Leah

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

nmlove Contributor

Our favorites (some me, some my kids) are: EnviroKidz (any), Erewhon (I like the rice + dried berries best) and Chex (rice, corn).

CeliacMom2008 Enthusiast

We only allow our son to do cereals that are labelled gluten free (no Kix here). He likes Erewhon Flakes and strawberries (don't remember the name) and Twice Rice. He also like Gorilla Munch and Leapin Leamurs.

missy'smom Collaborator

Arrowhead Mills Maple Buckwheat Flakes

purple Community Regular

Arrowhead Mills Maple Buckwheat Flakes

Now those sood good...I used to make the best banana bread with Banana Nut Crunch Cereal (the recipe was on the box). It had flakes and nuts and gave the bread "texture". Do you think your cereal would work? I love maple and I could add nuts to the bread. Thanks!

ravenwoodglass Mentor

Pocono Cream of Buckwheat, great when glutened or on a cold morning. Bakery on Main granola's are an almost daily treat. I like all of them.

missy'smom Collaborator

Now those sood good...I used to make the best banana bread with Banana Nut Crunch Cereal (the recipe was on the box). It had flakes and nuts and gave the bread "texture". Do you think your cereal would work? I love maple and I could add nuts to the bread. Thanks!

It would be an interesting experiment. The flakes are probably closer to some of the hearttier bran flakes than a corn flake and I remember all those recipes that call for using bran flakes in muffins, banana bread etc.

My 11 year old likes these and he's not a whole grain kind of guy. I keep trying to convert him though!

I'll add a vote from him for the Enjoy Life "granola". He likes it on yogurt.

Before I cut out grains, I liked the Bob's Red Mill Mighty Tasty Hot cereal with some sliced banana or raisins and just a touch of brown sugar.

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

NorthernElf Enthusiast

I don't eat cereal much but I do like Mesa Sunrise (Nature's Path) - but I dress it up with some dried cranberries & nuts or a chopped up banana. I use low fat Silk soy milk - tastes pretty good.

I've tried Bakery on Main's granola & it is SUPER sweet - must have loads of sugar - but since I have some I sometimes put some on my cereal as well for variety.

ravenwoodglass Mentor

I've tried Bakery on Main's granola & it is SUPER sweet - must have loads of sugar - but since I have some I sometimes put some on my cereal as well for variety.

It does have 11g of sugar per serving. That is over 2x the amount in the Buckwheat flakes and 9g more than rice chex. I didn't realize it had that much sugar in it compared to the other cereals I eat.

lynnelise Apprentice

I like Envirokidz, all flavors. Nature's Path Crunchy Maple Sunrise. Rice and Corn Chex. Trader Joe's gluten-free granola is good too.

hannahp57 Contributor

I will have to second the mase sunrise cornflakes. mmmm... :)

i also regularly buy rice chex, cocoa pebbles, and sometime the erewhen twice rice cereal as well. those are awesome. if you like hot cereal, bob's red mill has the bext oats in my humble opinion (if you know oats are okay for you and the family)

• 2 weeks later...
Darissa Contributor

We love RICE TWICE from Erewhon. And it makes great rice krispie treats!

sharps45 Apprentice

Trix is pretty good, at least I've never had a reaction. Also I do the Chex stuff, and there's a store brand of cocoa puffs type cereal thats all corn, also. I can't remember the manufacturer, but they're called cocoaroos. I also like the berry kix, though no one in my town sells them, so I pick up a bunch when I find them.

brendygirl Community Regular

Nature's Path organic corn flakes, I add raisins or blueberries. Dee-lish

glutenfreeinminnesota Contributor

I am new to this...so maybe ya'll know this...but I was getting the Honey Nut Chex...just found CINNAMON chex!! They are delicious as well :)

Tigercat17 Enthusiast

I Love hot brown rice with milk, a tsp of sugar & fruit (blackberries, blueberries or strawberries). Yummmm! I ate a lot of this in the being of healing.

I'm now able to eat Erewhon Rice with Berries, Arrowmills Maple Buckwheat & Glutino Honey Nut Cereal. I add fruit to them all!

Very good! ;)

luvs2eat Collaborator

I love corn and rice chex... and any cereal that's not so sweet (can't stand fruity pebbles)... but I have to stay away from cereal because I have no willpower whatsoever when it comes to portion control. I can eat 10 times the recommended portion for a serving!!

Archived