1 reply to this topic

#1 Nicole H.

Nicole H.

Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 37 posts

Posted 01 February 2010 - 05:11 PM

I am just wondering how often everyone checks their numbers to see how they are doing. Should it be often? every 3 months? or once a year? How often does everyone think they got glutened even though they are very careful? Is it true that every time you get glutened you reverse all the work that you've done since going gluten free? Does getting glutened cause cancer? I am sooooooooo careful and every once and a while I feel like I was glutened :( Like right now I have a sharp pain in my upper abdomen. what is that?! thanks

Celiac.com Sponsor:

#2 clogger69

clogger69

New Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • Pip
  • 22 posts

Posted 08 February 2010 - 07:46 AM

I am just wondering how often everyone checks their numbers to see how they are doing. Should it be often? every 3 months? or once a year? How often does everyone think they got glutened even though they are very careful? Is it true that every time you get glutened you reverse all the work that you've done since going gluten free? Does getting glutened cause cancer? I am sooooooooo careful and every once and a while I feel like I was glutened :( Like right now I have a sharp pain in my upper abdomen. what is that?! thanks

I was DX in March 2009. I am almost at a year. I have an appointment with the gastro Dr. in March. I see my primary physician every 3 months for other issues, blood pressure and osteoporosis. She does blood work every 3 months and my tissure transglutaminase number has gone from a 317 to 16.1, with 4.0 being the goal. Looks good on paper, but the problem is I mostly don't feel GOOD yet. I would not be happy to have to give up any more food. I like what I eat. Thank god there is not gluten in corn, as I have a bowl of popcorn popped in olive oil with a little sea salt every night. If that had been gluten you could take me out and shoot me I just hope I don't have any other autoimmune problems. I just know from these boards it can take longer than we would like sometimes and I am "older" :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: