This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Support Celiac.com!
    eNewsletter
    Donate

Prometheus Lab Reports

Imanistj

Imanistj Contributor

It is likely that I have been misdiagnosed with celiac disease and I am now waiting for retesting results. This doctor used Prometheus Labs and I am very impatient waiting for the results. I had the blood drawn (in NY State) a week ago and so far there are no reported results. The office staff says it takes a long time to receive reports form the lab. I read the special instructions on the back of the lab request sheet. It says the specimen should be sent to California by overnight FedEx and the turn around time is four days after the lab receives the specimen. The test ordered was the serum for celiac disease and I assume the result will be faxed rather than snail mailed. How long have any of you had to wait for results from Prometheus? I have been tormented by the original (probable) misdiagnosis since last August. I have been stressed since then, first with learning all I could about celiac disease and the gluten-free diet, coping with the diet for several months, then resuming eating gluten (that part was just fine with me) and waitig until I could be retested. I don't feel any different on or off gluten and just want to put all this uncertainty behind me. I really think I have been misdiagnosed, and so does my current doctor, and I want to get a definitive answer. Even if I do have celiac and have to return to the miserable gluten-free diet, knowing one way or another will ease some of the stress.

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

lizard00 Enthusiast

Prometheus did my testing, and their turn around was what it said on the back of the test. And you're right, they fax. :) My doctor mailed me a letter telling me the result, so from time of blood draw to receipt of his letter... 10 days maybe. This was about a year and a half ago, but my results were in within their time frame.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Support Celiac.com:
    Donate

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A17):
    Celiac.com Sponsor (A17):

Celiac.com Sponsors (A17-M):

• Recent Activity

1. - Bayb replied to Bayb's topic in Celiac Disease Pre-Diagnosis, Testing & Symptoms

Trying to read my lab results

2. - Aussienae replied to Aussienae's topic in Coping with Celiac Disease

Constant low back, abdominal and pelvic pain!

3. - trents replied to mishyj's topic in Coping with Celiac Disease

Why?

4. - trents replied to mishyj's topic in Coping with Celiac Disease

Why?

5. - mishyj replied to mishyj's topic in Coping with Celiac Disease

Why?

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A19):

• Member Statistics

• Total Members
    • Most Online (within 30 mins)

SoCalSuzy
    Newest Member
    SoCalSuzy
  • Celiac.com Sponsor (A20):

• Forum Statistics

• Total Topics
    • Total Posts
      1m

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A22):

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A21):

• Upcoming Events

• Bayb
      Hi Scott, yes I have had symptoms for years and this is the second GI I have seen and he could not believe I have never been tested. He called later today and I am scheduled for an endoscopy. Is there a way to tell how severe my potential celiac is from the results above? What are the chances I will have the biopsy and come back negative and we have to keep searching for a cause? 
    • Aussienae
      I agree christina, there is definitely many contributing factors! I have the pain today, my pelvis, hips and thighs ache! No idea why. But i have been sitting at work for 3 days so im thinking its my back. This disease is very mysterious (and frustrating) but not always to blame for every pain. 
    • trents
      "her stool study showed she had extreme reactions to everything achievement on it long course of microbials to treat that." The wording of this part of the sentence does not make any sense at all. I don't mean to insult you, but is English your first language? This part of the sentence sounds like it was generated by translation software.
    • trents
      What kind of stool test was done? Can you be more specific? 
    • mishyj
      Perhaps I should also have said that in addition to showing a very high response to gluten, her stool study showed that she had extreme reactions to everything achievement on it long course of microbials to treat that.