19 replies to this topic

#1 cdford

cdford

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 751 posts

Posted 12 May 2005 - 07:32 AM

I am so excited...I am able to walk a little around my house again! As long as I am barefoot and don't try to do too much, I have been able to move around my house some. If I try to put shoes on, I can't lift that left leg enough to move it without stumbling, but maybe I will get there. Right now, just being out of that wheelchair a little is feeling pretty wonderful.

To those of you out there with neuropathy, spasticity, FMS, etc. there is hope. Now my biggest challenge may be to take it slowly enough so I don't put myself back into it full time again.
Donna
South Georgia
9 yrs gluten-free
...also DH, fibromyalgia, neuropathy, osteopenia, hypothyroid...

After almost 10 years, I am doing soooo much better!

Celiac.com Sponsor:

#2 jenvan

jenvan

Lynne took this picture! :)

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,211 posts

Posted 12 May 2005 - 07:52 AM

Donna-
So glad to hear about your victory :) You are always in my prayers. Hopefully someone will keep you accountable on not too doing much... How's the wedding coming? What day is it?

"Give up the nonsensical and punishing quest for perfection that dogs too many of us through too much of our lives. It is a quest that causes us to doubt and denigrate ourselves, our true selves, our quirks and foibles and great leaps into the unknown, and that is bad enough." -Anna Quindlen
~~~~~~~
Jen
Indianapolis, IN

gluten-free since Feb 2005
dairy-free

#3 bean

bean

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 476 posts

Posted 12 May 2005 - 09:04 AM

Congratulations Donna :) You deserve every victory you get ;)
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Michelle :)

Positive blood tests 4/29/05 (tTG & IgA)
*Osteoporosis (at 32!)
*Heartburn/Reflux (*ouch!*)
*Lifelong battle w/depression
*Dental enamel didn't form right when I was little (cavities cavities cavities)
*Neuropsych analysis lists all sorts of learning disabilities - which may be attributed to brain injury from an old accident or may be from celiac, who knows!

Had biopsy May 11th, 2005 - villi are FLAT! :(
gluten-free since May 11th :)

#4 rmmadden

rmmadden

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 218 posts

Posted 12 May 2005 - 10:43 AM

Congratulations and best wishes for continued success!

Cleveland Bob B)
"Dreams Are What The Future Is Made Of"

Endoscopy & Blood Work Positive.....
gluten-free Since December 2004.....
Soy Intolerant August 2007......

#5 celiac3270

celiac3270

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,263 posts

Posted 12 May 2005 - 12:27 PM

Yay! :D My sincere congratulations. That's such a great step! ;)

#6 Guest_BERNESES_*

Guest_BERNESES_*
  • Guests

Posted 12 May 2005 - 01:15 PM

Donna- That's so great! Now don't overdo it! Treat yourself well, but God you must feel so happy! Yeah! Beverly

#7 KaitiUSA

KaitiUSA

Be the change you wish to see in the world!

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,583 posts

Posted 12 May 2005 - 01:19 PM

Donna-that's wonderful news!!! Congrats!
Kaiti
Positive bloodwork
Gluten-free since January 2004
Arkansas

Jeremiah 29:11- "For I know the plans that I have for you, declares the Lord, plans for you to prosper and not harm you,plans to give you a hope and future"

"One Nation, Under God"

Feel free to email me anytime....jkbrodbent@yahoo.com

#8 Canadian Karen

Canadian Karen

That Crazy Canuck!

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,554 posts

Posted 12 May 2005 - 02:17 PM

Donna, that is such wonderful news!!!! :)

Take one day at a time, that's all we can ask ourselves to do......

Hugs.
Karen
Karen

positive bloodwork, positive biopsy
Celiac, collagenous colitis, hypothyroidism
endometriosis (at age 20)
spinal stenosis (early 20's)

Biopsy August 2006 confirmed complete villous atrophy despite being gluten-free for years and bloodwork within range showing compliance with diet. Doctor has confirmed diagnosis of Refractory Celiac Sprue.
Endoscopy also showed numerous stomach ulcers, have started taking Losec.

Mother to Eileen 13 yrs
Rhiannon 8 yrs
Daniel & Connor 6 yr twin boys......

"Joyfulness keeps the heart and face young. A good laugh makes us better friends with ourselves and everybody around us."
Orison Swett Marden

Laughter is the shortest distance between two people.
-- Victor Borge

"An optimist laughs to forget. A pessimist forgets to laugh."
Tom Nansbury

"Doctor to patient: I have good news and bad news. The good news is that you are not a hypochondriac."
Unknown

#9 cdford

cdford

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 751 posts

Posted 12 May 2005 - 09:25 PM

I knew that you guys, of all people, would understand my small but important victory. I have been stuck in this wheelchair since 1998. I had just begun to move around a little last year when I got glutened by a restaurant. It has been nine months of gradual and painful effort to get back to this point. I do so want to be able to get around at least using a walker again. The docs are talking about maybe letting me get another AFO to help that left foot lift up. I could once again have the problem of needing a size 8 women's right shoe and a size 8 men's left shoe--and I could get excited about such a problem!

The wedding is June 3. I am trying right now to work out the logistics of the deli meat. Did you all know that several of Kroger's Private Selection deli meats are gluten-free if you don't get them from the deli? (Cross contamination) 60lbs of deli meat is a lot of meat! Oh yeah, I need to add this info to the other post don't I. I am so overwhelmed right now.

For those of you who pray, keep me in them this next few days. Tomorrow is home school day at Six Flags, Saturday my youngest has to be on the ball field by 9:30 a.m. and then my mom is coming in from out of town, and Sunday is another wedding shower. My fatigue levels are going to skyrocket and we are in the last few weeks of school for the year and a wedding is almost upon us. My biggest fear now is that I will overdo it and set myself back again. Needless to say my kids, husband, mom, and friends are all on my case to be careful. They would not even let me go to church Wednesday night for fear I won't make it through this weekend. The last time I took my kids to Six Flags, they remember me walking around with them. They are really excited about tomorrow. Jenn's reaction to our most recent accidental glutening has finally kicked in so she has had "loads of fun" (facetious, not sarcastic) this last week. (Look it up if you aren't sure of the difference! The teacher in me kicks in regularly around here...yesterday it was a discussion of the word genre and its appropriate usage.) She is bound and determined to make it tomorrow, so she has been extra good this week.
Donna
South Georgia
9 yrs gluten-free

#10 jenvan

jenvan

Lynne took this picture! :)

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,211 posts

Posted 13 May 2005 - 05:33 AM

Donna-
Prayers for you... I hope you will not have a sense of dread, but be able to have a sense of joy and anticipation at what's ahead these next few days. Some verses for you...

The Sovereign LORD is my strength; he makes my feet like the feet of a deer, he enables me to go on the heights. Hab 3:19 (I would love for you to have this feeling of going on the heights!!)

O LORD, be gracious to us; we long for you. Be our strength every morning, our salvation in time of distress. Isaiah 33: 2

And he said unto me, My grace is sufficient for thee: for my strength is made perfect in weakness. "Most gladly therefore will I rather glory in my infirmities, that the power of Christ may rest upon me." 2 Corinthians 12:9
~~~~~~~
Jen
Indianapolis, IN

gluten-free since Feb 2005
dairy-free

#11 cdford

cdford

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 751 posts

Posted 14 May 2005 - 01:34 PM

Thank you, Jen, for those verses. I am halfway through the weekend. I am stuttering and jerking and tired, but am making it. Can't write more. Too hard.
Donna
South Georgia
9 yrs gluten-free

#12 celiac3270

celiac3270

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,263 posts

Posted 14 May 2005 - 01:37 PM

Okay, go rest up! ;) We're thinking of you :)

#13 Guest_nini_*

Guest_nini_*
  • Guests

Posted 14 May 2005 - 01:54 PM

Donna, glad to hear you are moving a little better. Please don't overdo it. You are in my thoughts sweets. :D

#14 cdford

cdford

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 751 posts

Posted 15 May 2005 - 01:31 PM

I made it through. I am tired ("that" tired, you knwo what imean). Sent eerybody else to church without me. Time for bed, biut I think i will be okay with someee sleep.
Donna
South Georgia
9 yrs gluten-free

#15 celiac3270

celiac3270

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,263 posts

Posted 15 May 2005 - 02:08 PM

I can tell from your post... :) Rest up! ;)

YOU ==> -_- , lol

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: