6 replies to this topic

#1 Smithk6

Smithk6

Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 73 posts

Posted 04 February 2010 - 10:25 AM

Hi All! I am getting sick (nauseous) after eating my lunch again!!!!! This happen in the begining of gluten free eating but it was my mistake "hidden gluten". I have been more educated and strict for 5 months --no gluten. But the nausea is coming back. Not after breakfast, after lunch. Dinner I am fine.

Is it something I am missing or am I just still in early stages of damage and healing that it could just be random?
Kathleen

Celiac.com Sponsor:

#2 Ahorsesoul

Ahorsesoul

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,261 posts

Posted 04 February 2010 - 11:00 AM

What exactly (brand names included, drink, eat, spices and condiments) did you have for lunch? Did you take any medications at this time?
1960s-had symptoms-could have been before but don't remember
1970s-told had colitis or nervous stomach-was given phenobarbital, felt great but still had symptoms
Me, dd and ds diagnosed with Lactose Intolerance
2000-osteopenia
2001-had stroke because of medications I was given
June 2003-saw Chiropractor who specialized in nutrition: Celiac Disease not Lactose Intolerance, went gluten free with once in awhile cheating, off soy and dairy for about 6 months
June 2003-found excellent doctor for fibromyalgia (who has found out she has Celiac Disease)
May 2006-went gluten free with NO cheating-excellent! Made all the difference in the world

#3 Smithk6

Smithk6

Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 73 posts

Posted 04 February 2010 - 11:09 AM

What exactly (brand names included, drink, eat, spices and condiments) did you have for lunch? Did you take any medications at this time?

today, I had half a stuffed pepper. I cooked rice seperate. Cooked ground pork and beef with onion and tomatoe paste (Vitelli----). I combined the meat/sauce and rice mixter then stuffed a pepper with it baked it.

When I get sick after lunch it can be anything. Lettuce, cooked veggies with Mrs. Dash and Bush's kidney beans. It can be homemade soup with Gluten free boullion, veggies and chicken.

I was doing great for months! The first time this happened was back in Sept, I gradually started getting nauseous, then everyday, this went on for two months. GI doc said it must have been from the few slip ups I had the first couple months figuring everything out.....and that the nausea must have been from gluten still being in my system.
Kathleen

#4 lynnelise

lynnelise

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 474 posts

Posted 04 February 2010 - 12:06 PM

Do you eat lunch at the same place as breakfast and dinner? I know I eat lunch at work and use the dishes here at the office so if that's also the case with you could it be a contaminated kitchen?

#5 Smithk6

Smithk6

Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 73 posts

Posted 04 February 2010 - 12:14 PM

Do you eat lunch at the same place as breakfast and dinner? I know I eat lunch at work and use the dishes here at the office so if that's also the case with you could it be a contaminated kitchen?

I make it at home in my kitchen (I live alone, so just me cooking) and bring it in. I have my own utentils and bowl here at work.
Kathleen

#6 OptimisticMom42

OptimisticMom42

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 408 posts

Posted 04 February 2010 - 12:42 PM

It could be portions, carbs, greese. As your system heals it will absorb more of what you put into it. I'd try eating smaller portions. And maybe less of the things that upset tummys like greasy hamburger and cooked green peppers. Maybe chicken breast and fresh greens would go over better.
Dx Celiacs March '09

#7 Smithk6

Smithk6

Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 73 posts

Posted 04 February 2010 - 12:44 PM

It could be portions, carbs, greese. As your system heals it will absorb more of what you put into it. I'd try eating smaller portions. And maybe less of the things that upset tummys like greasy hamburger and cooked green peppers. Maybe chicken breast and fresh greens would go over better.

True OtimistcMom42, I dont think I have eatin ground beef in a year! And although I cut the pepper in half it still was very dense. I usually have soup for lunch or a light salad. thanks!
Kathleen

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: