This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Support Celiac.com!
    eNewsletter
    Donate

Maybe Not Celiac - Yeast Again.

Eric-C

Eric-C Enthusiast

I have been posting on here for a while. I know I have severe gluten issues and no I have never been tested for Celiac's because a gluten intolerance test is nothing I wish to go through and I hear blood tests are iffy.

Here is the very short condensed version:

1. Looking back 10 years for the first 5 I would get an upset stomach, or urgency after eating certain foods. Heavy breads caused it but it was never painful, life threatening, etc, it was 'rut roh time to go'. Then starting about 5 years ago I would wake up in the middle of the night with extreme pain followed by D....it happened once a year, then twice a year, then 4 times a year. Eventually it didn't take till the middle of the night, it was within 5 minutes of eating gluten.

2. I am pretty unflappable, or have been. Nothing bothers me, I didn't get stressed, etc. Going back about 9 years I took a antibiotic shot and had a bad reaction. Anxiety, racing mind, muscle stiffness...went away after a few days. Then a year later I had a panic attack for no reason...went through boughts of anxiety that would get better/worse.

3. 4 years ago I took Cipro, same thing as the other antibiotic but it lasted a year, not a few days and was 10 times worse.

4. Then I found the gluten connection....stopped eating gluten and things improved, drastically.

5. My intolerance to CC and eating out went through the roof. I couldn't touch much outside of the house except a few certain places.

6. We go on a cruise...about 2 months before the cruise we started this no sugar/no flour diet...went on the cruise, plus 3 days at Busch Gardens in Florida, at out breakfast/lunch/dinner, zero issues...I was also on an anti-biotic at this time.

7. Get off the diet and my sensativity went back up. I also had to take an antibiotic and the bigger problems started up again even without gluten.

8. Discovered Vitamin D3 and B12, now I'm nearly normal again. My attitude is more like it was before, no anxiety, panic attacks, none of it. I worked in very stressful places and just like 10 years before nothing phases me.

9. I start to feel like crap again...lower back pain, anxiety, but no panic issues...its tough to explain. Give up sugar/carbs and it goes away. I start to look into yeast and start taking Candex. Problem goes away but I took Candex as a treatment, not a on going therapy.

10. Holidays come around, tons of sugar, carbs, CC, etc...really go down hill and now I seriously start on the yeast treatment. Candex, Probiotics, Capryllic acid, no sugar/flour/vinegar diet for 1 month.

Got off the diet for the most part but I take 4 Candex a day, 6 Capryllic acid, Culturelle Probiotic and I feel incredible. The die off period sucked, joint pain, foggy, you name it but once I got through it I feel great.

My tolerance to gluten has gone way up. I don't eat it but we've been out to eat at multiple places, same places I used to have a reaction to and nothing, nothing at all.

Been out to eat every single day for the past 2 weeks, either lunch or dinner, no problems.

Got a new doctor and we're waiting on a big test to come back but she thinks that the yeast overgrowth could cause the gluten intolerance. Once I get all the crap(no pun intended) cleaned out of the intestines and my body that it may subside.

So many of the symptoms of both gluten/yeast are similar. Gluten intolerance can cause yeast overgrowth and vice versa. Going back and looking at the cruise, yeast feeds on sugar/carbs, since I had no sugar carbs for 2 months previous the yeast infestion should have gone down dramatically which allowed me to eat out without CC effecting me.

I'm not ready to have a burger at McDonalds but there have been big changes to me since I went on the anti-yeast regimen and stuck to it for weeks instead of using it as a treatment.

Its a year or so they say to get over Candida in total but its just interesting that my tolerance for CC has improved, as has everything else as I have improved the yeast situation.

I should have the lab results back in about 2 weeks, they are cheating for yeast, parasties, you name it.

Wonder if this might help out some who test negative but continue to have issues that cannot be explained.

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

breavenewworld Apprentice

hi Eric

i also feel there is a candida connection to celiac at least in some cases

when you did the program did u eat fruit?

what program did you do- was it Healing Naturally by Bee?

thanks

Eric-C Enthusiast

hi Eric

i also feel there is a candida connection to celiac at least in some cases

when you did the program did u eat fruit?

what program did you do- was it Healing Naturally by Bee?

thanks

I didn't do a program. I just stopped eating the things I was supposed to stop eat, fruit, carbs, etc...I only did it for about 4 weeks but I was taking Candex, Capryllic Acid, etc...

I know this topic got moved to a different section but I don't know if it gets much exposure here and I really do think there is something more to this. The high number of people who now have gluten problems has to be tied to something.

I now have a very odd thing to track down. My original thought was that pickles, vinegar, etc was causing me a severe re-occurrence of Candida. I've been having ketchup daily now, with carbs, to see how it effected me.

It's been 8 days straight now and so long as I keep up with the meds there is no real issue with it at all.

I've even had 1000 Island which I thought was another trigger, no problems until I had it at Outback. Something Outback puts in their 1000 Island causes me problems and it is gluten-free free. I've had it at 3 other restaurants with no problem but last night we went there and within hours the lower back pain started, nerve pain started...took capryllic acid and its helped but this is the 3rd time I've been there with a problem.

Still, being on the pills I've eaten out quite a bit to see how it does and no CC at all. That is a huge change from where I was 6 months ago.

The strangest thing is my heart rate and blood pressure, whatever is in their 1000 Island causes my blood pressure to spike and I get this pounding heart for a day or so.

• 2 weeks later...
purpleflowers Rookie

I didn't do a program. I just stopped eating the things I was supposed to stop eat, fruit, carbs, etc...I only did it for about 4 weeks but I was taking Candex, Capryllic Acid, etc...

I know this topic got moved to a different section but I don't know if it gets much exposure here and I really do think there is something more to this. The high number of people who now have gluten problems has to be tied to something.

I now have a very odd thing to track down. My original thought was that pickles, vinegar, etc was causing me a severe re-occurrence of Candida. I've been having ketchup daily now, with carbs, to see how it effected me.

It's been 8 days straight now and so long as I keep up with the meds there is no real issue with it at all.

I've even had 1000 Island which I thought was another trigger, no problems until I had it at Outback. Something Outback puts in their 1000 Island causes me problems and it is gluten-free free. I've had it at 3 other restaurants with no problem but last night we went there and within hours the lower back pain started, nerve pain started...took capryllic acid and its helped but this is the 3rd time I've been there with a problem.

Still, being on the pills I've eaten out quite a bit to see how it does and no CC at all. That is a huge change from where I was 6 months ago.

The strangest thing is my heart rate and blood pressure, whatever is in their 1000 Island causes my blood pressure to spike and I get this pounding heart for a day or so.

I too get a ponding heart after eating sometimes.I havent been able to link it to what and it only happens sometimes.I thought food allergy but now Im thinking the hypoglucemia issues I have is what does it some times.

I also had times where I have gone on a candida type diet and did so maybe 2 or 3 months then go off and eat things whatever I wanted.I felt fine.Tolerated tons....could go out to eat several times anywhere and nothing happened.Its very weird.

Time went on and a few months went by then I get back to feeling ill.The depression has always been there but all other things werent.I was eating gluten and everything with no reactions.My other Dr did say that I have toxicity issues.These issues would come after eating whatever for along period of time.I felt dead and stagnet inside.Constipated often.

SO I think Candida and toxicity may be my true issue and the gluten dairy sensitivities are coming as a result of it

Eric-C Enthusiast

I too get a ponding heart after eating sometimes.I havent been able to link it to what and it only happens sometimes.I thought food allergy but now Im thinking the hypoglucemia issues I have is what does it some times.

I also had times where I have gone on a candida type diet and did so maybe 2 or 3 months then go off and eat things whatever I wanted.I felt fine.Tolerated tons....could go out to eat several times anywhere and nothing happened.Its very weird.

Time went on and a few months went by then I get back to feeling ill.The depression has always been there but all other things werent.I was eating gluten and everything with no reactions.My other Dr did say that I have toxicity issues.These issues would come after eating whatever for along period of time.I felt dead and stagnet inside.Constipated often.

SO I think Candida and toxicity may be my true issue and the gluten dairy sensitivities are coming as a result of it

Well for better or worse I've been talking to a new doc who feels that nearly everything is due to toxicity issues.

So right now I'm going through and doing these supporting foods. It's all a little on the voodoo side but it seems to be working smile.gif

I've been through this enough to see that certain things cause reactions. I now know vinegar causes a rise in blood pressure.

So right now we're working on the intestines and the gall bladder. I drink this for breakfast:

3 apples

2 banana's

1/2 cup fresh squeezed orange juice

hand full of almonds

1/2 tablespoon flax seeds soaked in water overnight(so they germinate)

few strawberries for flavor

Throw that into a blender and drink about 12oz, the above makes about 30. Well let me tell you regularity has returned smile.gif

Then I'm taking Cholocol for 2 weeks with each meal which is supposed to take stress off the gall bladder.

Then we'll work on actual flushes.

Do I feel better, yes...do I feel well...I have days of amazing clarity but my big problem is sticking with a diet. My new found tolerance has me cheating way too much. Not with gluten but things I should not have, Indian food(white rice), burgers and fries...

He also thinks I have leaky gut issues which now that I've put all this together it makes much more sense.

I don't really care of the gluten/celiac's goes away....if my tolerance increases so vacationing and going out isn't a trouble I'll be happy. I'll figure it'll come in stages over the next 6 months but everything seems to be moving in the right direction.

I'm not too crazy about doing some of these flushes but going to start somewhere.

I think there is a lot of value to the approach and I think about going on vacation 2 years ago. I was on this no sugar/no flour diet for 3 months, felt great, and I ate out for 10 days on vacation, randomly picking places and never once got sick or even an inkling of being sick.

There has to be a connection just a matter of finding it but I seem to have found a doctor who is at least interested in finding the root of the problem.

purpleflowers Rookie

Well for better or worse I've been talking to a new doc who feels that nearly everything is due to toxicity issues.

So right now I'm going through and doing these supporting foods. It's all a little on the voodoo side but it seems to be working smile.gif

I've been through this enough to see that certain things cause reactions. I now know vinegar causes a rise in blood pressure.

So right now we're working on the intestines and the gall bladder. I drink this for breakfast:

3 apples

2 banana's

1/2 cup fresh squeezed orange juice

hand full of almonds

1/2 tablespoon flax seeds soaked in water overnight(so they germinate)

few strawberries for flavor

Throw that into a blender and drink about 12oz, the above makes about 30. Well let me tell you regularity has returned smile.gif

Then I'm taking Cholocol for 2 weeks with each meal which is supposed to take stress off the gall bladder.

Then we'll work on actual flushes.

Do I feel better, yes...do I feel well...I have days of amazing clarity but my big problem is sticking with a diet. My new found tolerance has me cheating way too much. Not with gluten but things I should not have, Indian food(white rice), burgers and fries...

He also thinks I have leaky gut issues which now that I've put all this together it makes much more sense.

I don't really care of the gluten/celiac's goes away....if my tolerance increases so vacationing and going out isn't a trouble I'll be happy. I'll figure it'll come in stages over the next 6 months but everything seems to be moving in the right direction.

I'm not too crazy about doing some of these flushes but going to start somewhere.

I think there is a lot of value to the approach and I think about going on vacation 2 years ago. I was on this no sugar/no flour diet for 3 months, felt great, and I ate out for 10 days on vacation, randomly picking places and never once got sick or even an inkling of being sick.

There has to be a connection just a matter of finding it but I seem to have found a doctor who is at least interested in finding the root of the problem.

yes I remember reading that you had the issue then after no flour/sugar for 2 months or 3 then you could tolerate more.

That is exactly what happened to me 2 years ago as I posted when I was trying a diet that focuses on healing the gut and candida issues.I really didnt know much about leaky gut at all at the time.....I was trying this diet for the candida issues that I dont know for sure if I have or had but believe I do.Logterm use of antibiotics as child and adult.

However, amazingly, I too went on a major binge.I was eating whatever for a long while BUT within 6 months was a wreck again.

I had fun that summer eating whatever.

As I was saying my new Dr who I payed big bucks to see said so far ( well he doesnt know me well enough yet) BUt that I have leaky gut issues and adrenal issues.Im trying to keep a notebook of what I am eating because I fell off the wagon again but have been dairy free and gluten free for about 3 weeks and is has been hell.Having severe abdominal pains,cant hold anything down for 48 hrs, but the gas pains and stabbing started about 10 days ago so something in the diet is wrong.I havent excluded sugar yet like he said I need time.I barely eat now because I dont know what I will tolerate so to do sugar on top of it all right now....I gotta wait.

I have some other crap that Im finding out now too with my mainstream Dr.....I use them just for testing purposes( some tests that are accurate) insurance pays for that part.....i pay the big bills with the naturopath

How did your candida results go? you said you would get them back within 2 weeks?

• 2 weeks later...
Eric-C Enthusiast

yes I remember reading that you had the issue then after no flour/sugar for 2 months or 3 then you could tolerate more.

That is exactly what happened to me 2 years ago as I posted when I was trying a diet that focuses on healing the gut and candida issues.I really didnt know much about leaky gut at all at the time.....I was trying this diet for the candida issues that I dont know for sure if I have or had but believe I do.Logterm use of antibiotics as child and adult.

However, amazingly, I too went on a major binge.I was eating whatever for a long while BUT within 6 months was a wreck again.

I had fun that summer eating whatever.

As I was saying my new Dr who I payed big bucks to see said so far ( well he doesnt know me well enough yet) BUt that I have leaky gut issues and adrenal issues.Im trying to keep a notebook of what I am eating because I fell off the wagon again but have been dairy free and gluten free for about 3 weeks and is has been hell.Having severe abdominal pains,cant hold anything down for 48 hrs, but the gas pains and stabbing started about 10 days ago so something in the diet is wrong.I havent excluded sugar yet like he said I need time.I barely eat now because I dont know what I will tolerate so to do sugar on top of it all right now....I gotta wait.

I have some other crap that Im finding out now too with my mainstream Dr.....I use them just for testing purposes( some tests that are accurate) insurance pays for that part.....i pay the big bills with the naturopath

How did your candida results go? you said you would get them back within 2 weeks?

No test results back....never ended up doing the test after speaking with the doctor again.

I was just getting better and they wanted me to to stop all the stuff I was taking to make myself better for 10 days.

I wouldn't do it, I was just getting back on my feet.

I am on a new regimen and feel different. There is now a disconnect between my physical and mental well being which is a huge improvement. It has been weeks now where it has been like this. Usually the physical issues came with some brain fog, or something else.

Now I am clear heading and thinking well 24/7. I've been taking Cholocol which is supposed to get my gall bladder back in check, along with the drink above I've been having each day which really does work well.

I just started on Zymex and Okra w/ Pepsin E.

One is suppose to sooth the intestinal tract to treat leaky gut, the other is a anti-fungal mixture. After taking them the pain in the muscles and hands came back so I'm assuming that is die off again.

I think I am on the right track and now believe that if I can fix this leaky gut thing then the other problems may subside.

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

Archived