6 replies to this topic

#1 GFManiac

GFManiac

Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 26 posts

Posted 12 May 2005 - 08:11 PM

I have been gluten-free for about 6 months now and am still passing this stuff! I take that as a sign that my intestines are not fully healed yet. I am feeling quite a bit better -tons of symptoms seeming to be related to malnutrion are gone. I am assuming my intestines are partially healed, but not all the way? Anyone have any insight or links?

thanks in advance!

Celiac.com Sponsor:

#2 bean

bean

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 476 posts

Posted 12 May 2005 - 10:27 PM

Have you eliminated dairy products yet? That's a major source of mucous - which you may already know ;) If so, please disregard this post and good luck finding out what's causing your troubles!

- Michelle :wub:
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Michelle :)

Positive blood tests 4/29/05 (tTG & IgA)
*Osteoporosis (at 32!)
*Heartburn/Reflux (*ouch!*)
*Lifelong battle w/depression
*Dental enamel didn't form right when I was little (cavities cavities cavities)
*Neuropsych analysis lists all sorts of learning disabilities - which may be attributed to brain injury from an old accident or may be from celiac, who knows!

Had biopsy May 11th, 2005 - villi are FLAT! :(
gluten-free since May 11th :)

#3 kvogt

kvogt

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 214 posts

Posted 13 May 2005 - 03:04 PM

My GI told me that mucous is a sign of problems. It takes a year to heal most people, a recent stufy indicated.

#4 plantime

plantime

My two handsome grandsons

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,692 posts

Posted 14 May 2005 - 11:49 AM

Passing mucous in my stools is also a sign for me that I need to take my antihistamines. It means that my allergies are on the prowl.
Dessa

The Lord bless you and keep you; the Lord make His face shine upon you and be gracious to you." Numbers 6:24-25

#5 Merika

Merika

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 558 posts

Posted 14 May 2005 - 10:07 PM

From studying in another field, I have learned that when the body is experiencing allergies (food, pollen, anything) that the mucous membranes overproduce. Sounds obvious - snot runs if you get an allergic-causing item near your nose - but there are other mucous-related parts of your body besides your nose (such as breastmilk being produced by one of these....), and of course anything in your mouth/nose you can swallow and it could just pass through (like with a teething mucousy baby, you can often see the mucous in the stool...)

So in all likelihood, it just means your body is still in an allergic state (to gluten or something else).

TMI?
Merika :)

#6 GFManiac

GFManiac

Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 26 posts

Posted 15 May 2005 - 07:34 PM

This is sooo helpful! thank you all. I have a suspicion I am allergic to other things as well. I'll have to make an appointment with an allergist soon!

#7 granny

granny

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 87 posts

Posted 16 May 2005 - 07:37 PM

From studying in another field, I have learned that when the body is experiencing allergies (food, pollen, anything) that the mucous membranes overproduce.
So in all likelihood, it just means your body is still in an allergic state (to gluten or something else).

TMI?
Merika :)

Merika and Dessa,
Thank you so much!! I've been having problem with mucus in stool for several days and was really concerned. I've never been able to figure it out when it happens and Never thought of the allergy connection. The pollens are horrible here at this time of year and I've had to be outside more than usual. Thanks again. granny

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: