No replies to this topic

#1 Mtndog

Mtndog

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,254 posts

Posted 10 February 2010 - 01:34 PM

My husband and I went to the Cape this weekend for a quick get away and I had two really good experiences. We had stayed at the Lamb and the Lion Inn in Barnstable on Rte 6A before (it's such a cool inn- great rooms with gas stove fireplaces around a courtyard with a pool and year-round hot tub) but this time I let them know I was gluten-free.

The owners' assistant, Chris, went to the store just for me and picked up some Pamela's Mix so I could have breakfast (even though I told her that I was fine with fruit and yogurt). Thanks to her, I had warm raisin, cranberry, apricot muffins straight out of the oven the next morning :D . So sweet! And now the next gluten-free person who visits, they've got the mix for you.

We ate at the Dolphin in Barnstable Village and the waitress was fully familiar with gluten-free. I had a great dinner- scallops with brie and cranberries (sounds weird- tastes great!), mashed potatoes and veggies. Great atmosphere as well- the fireplace was roaring on a cold, windy night.

I highly recommend both places for gluten-free if you're on the Cape.
Beverly

Gluten free since 2005

In the midst of winter, I found there was within me an invincible summer.
Albert Careb

Posted Image

Celiac.com Sponsor:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: