This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Support Celiac.com!
    eNewsletter
    Donate

Gluten Free Wedding Cake In Dfw

HollyH

HollyH Apprentice

I am going to get married this June and wonder where I will find a gluten free wedding cake in the Dallas area. I found one bakery in Ft. Worth, but would like to know if anyone has found any other bakeries that can do it.

I have thought about having only a groom's cake or making a little cake at home for me. Doesn't sound very appealing though. :P

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

Nightingale8472 Rookie

I am going to get married this June and wonder where I will find a gluten free wedding cake in the Dallas area. I found one bakery in Ft. Worth, but would like to know if anyone has found any other bakeries that can do it.

I have thought about having only a groom's cake or making a little cake at home for me. Doesn't sound very appealing though. :P

I have no idea of the geography of Texas and what's near your area, so I just included every bakery I found that said they made gluten free cakes in your state with the DFW ones on top. Best of luck on your cake hunt and congrats on your wedding!

The list:

Sublime Bakery

Country Day Plaza

5512 Bellaire Dr South

Fort Worth, Texas 76109

Open Original Shared Link

City Kitchen

2317 Blue Smoke Ct North, Fort Worth, TX 76105

817-534-9900

Crosby Catering and Coffee

(didn't specifically mention gluten free, but will accommodate special dietary needs)

P.O. Box 571314 -- Dallas, Texas 75357 -- info@crosbycafe.com --

(214)770-5573

Creative Cakes

creativecakes@dqd.com

Richardson, Plano, north Dallas and the DFW Metroplex

Cakes by Design

903-285-4564

Anna, TX

Jodycakes (Jody Flood)

PO Box 1212

Houston, TX 77084

(832) 722-4123

Treat Me Sweet Cakes

8905 Benbrook Blvd, Suite E

Benbrook, Texas 76126

treatmesweet_slj@yahoo.com

Torte Bella

9625 Indina Hills Dr., Austin, TX 78717

512-439-9425

Coco Paloma Desserts -

Austin, Texas | info@cocopalomadesserts.com |

Mr. Natural

1901 E. Cesar Chavez

Austin, TX

(512) 477-5228

Mr. Natural

2414-A South Lamar

Austin, TX

(512) 916-9223

Chef Marissa Gluten-Free Kitchen

San Antonio, TX

210-569-4453

Little Aussie Bakery & Cafe

San Antonio, TX

210-826-7877

mommida Enthusiast

I know of a few places here in Michigan that can do gluten free cakes.

Keep looking closer to your home. Check with any local Celiac support groups.

I would do the smaller cake, seperate like a groom's cake for saving some money and no cross contamination. You are too busy on your wedding day to really sit and enjoy eating cake. ;)

Congratulations! :)

HollyH Apprentice

Thanks very much! I will look into those options. I actually saw on that list that there is a place near me!! That's great!

zkat Apprentice

There are no dedicated Gluten Free bakeries in DFW that I am aware of since Laura's closed. On something as important as your wedding cake and on a day as big as your wedding day, I probably would not chance it with a regular bakery - too much cc. If it were me, my entire wedding would be Gluten free, just because it is my special day and I wouldn't want to stress about it.

You might contact the owner of The Chocolate Angel - she doesn't specifically advertising cakes, but she does cater and her daughter is Celiac. Open Original Shared Link

Or The owner of the Kozy Kitchen Open Original Shared Link has celiac and might be able to recommend someone for you.

Archived