#1 Ringo454447

Ringo454447

New Community Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 10 February 2010 - 08:24 PM

Hello!

Whenever I drink Gatorade, I get headaches, back pain, and insanely frequent urination. Does anyone know if Gatorade is safe for celiacs?

By the way, I also read that Gatorade may contain MSG. Is this true?

Thanks!!

Celiac.com Sponsor:

#2 lovegrov

lovegrov

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,537 posts

Posted 11 February 2010 - 10:25 AM

Yes.

Richard

#3 mama3122006

mama3122006

New Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • Pip
  • 12 posts

Posted 15 February 2010 - 08:47 AM

Yes.

Richard

Yes, what?

#4 psawyer

psawyer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,015 posts

Posted 15 February 2010 - 09:31 AM

Yes, what?

The topic is: "Is Gatorade is safe for celiacs?" and the answer is "yes."
Peter
Diagnosis by biopsy of practically non-existent villi; gluten-free since July 2000.
Type 1 (autoimmune) diabetes diagnosed in March 1986
Markham, Ontario (borders on Toronto)

Celiac.com - Celiac Disease Board Moderator

#5 JillianLindsay

JillianLindsay

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 398 posts

Posted 27 February 2010 - 03:31 PM

Hi,

I drink gatorade all the time. I play soccer 2-3 times a week and hockey 2-3 times a week. I have frequent urination, but I drink tons of water and usually 1/2 or one full gatorade per game so I'm well-hydrated. I don't get headaches or back pain from gatorade.

This website http://wardmulroy.co...OCS/1/content(9).html says all gatorade flavors are: wheat-, oat-, rye-and barley-gluten free, lactose free, caffeine free and MSG free (but it seems to be an old gatorade site & isn't their official site) -- perhaps you are reacting to something other than gluten in the gatorade. Also, how is your blood sugar? Frequent urination can be a sign that your blood sugar is off, but it can also just mean that you're getting lots of fluids!

You really only need gatorade if you're going to sweat a LOT because it's an electrolyte replacer (sugar, salt, potassium, etc.). For most, water is enough followed by chocolate milk after the work-out. The milk protein helps repair and build muscle tissue.

Hope that helps! Try contacting the company if you can't find all the answers you're looking for -- good luck.

Hello!

Whenever I drink Gatorade, I get headaches, back pain, and insanely frequent urination. Does anyone know if Gatorade is safe for celiacs?

Thanks!!

gluten-free since July 8, 2009!

#6 lovegrov

lovegrov

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,537 posts

Posted 28 February 2010 - 02:44 PM

Yes, what?

I answered the topic question.

#7 plantime

plantime

My two handsome grandsons

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,692 posts

Posted 28 February 2010 - 02:52 PM

I get sick when I drink most flavors of Gatorade. The problem I have is that wood resins are used in Gatorade, and I am allergic to most wood. It is glutenfree, so it might be something else in it that you are having a problem with.
Dessa

The Lord bless you and keep you; the Lord make His face shine upon you and be gracious to you." Numbers 6:24-25

#8 Maggie Mermaid

Maggie Mermaid

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 136 posts

Posted 01 March 2010 - 11:36 PM

Most flavors of Gatorade do not agree with me. I used to be able to tolerate the Original flavor somewhat but nowadays just avoid anything with artifical colors. Could be that something else in it bothers you.
Enlarged thyroid with nodules and Hashimoto's diagnosed 2007. Self-diagnosed as gluten-intolerant.

Husband is gluten-intolerant, also self-diagnosed, suffered from severe eczema which has largely disappeared since avoiding wheat, corn, tomatoes, tree nuts.

#9 rain

rain

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 92 posts

Posted 18 June 2010 - 08:29 PM

wood resin in gatorade???? I am trying to find an alternative to gatorade because I'm sensitive to it (I'm allergic to most food chemicals).
I looked up the ingredients for gatorade and I'm guessing plantime was referring to ester gum. there seems to also be a variety of ester gum that is used as a wood varnish.

#10 Wheatfreedude

Wheatfreedude

Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 73 posts

Posted 30 June 2010 - 03:01 PM

Hello!

Thanks!!

I am NOT a fan of High Fructose Corn Syrup (the main sweetening agent in their original flavor). Do you want to know why? Go to your favorite search engine and you'll find plenty of answers as to why you should stay away from it.

So, start reading ALL ingredient statments (beverage and food).

You thought that removing gluten from your diet makes you feel better. Start feeling even better by removing HFCS.

Your body will thank you.

~Wheatfreedude~
Self taught body builder
Fitness fanatic
Avid Snowboarder and Surfer
Over 40 and single digit body fat
Getting stronger every week

#11 Lisa

Lisa

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,799 posts

Posted 30 June 2010 - 04:57 PM

wood resins are used in Gatorade, and I am allergic to most wood.

http://www.gatorade....ns/default.aspx
Lisa

Gluten Free - August 15, 2004

"Not all who wander are lost" - JRR Tolkien

#12 GlutenFreeManna

GlutenFreeManna

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,887 posts

Posted 30 June 2010 - 05:49 PM

Does anyone know whether the powdered Gatorade mix is Gluten Free? I used to get the powder in the big canisters instead of the premixed in bottles because it works out cheaper that way.
A simple meal with love is better than a feast where there is hatred. Proverbs 15:17 (CEV)

#13 mattmtbiker

mattmtbiker

New Community Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 22 July 2010 - 11:24 AM

Does anyone know whether the powdered Gatorade mix is Gluten Free? I used to get the powder in the big canisters instead of the premixed in bottles because it works out cheaper that way.

Powder Gatorade is Gluten-Free.

#14 txplowgirl

txplowgirl

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 648 posts

Posted 29 July 2010 - 05:33 PM

Gatorade makes me sick, it's the HFCS.

Lupus, Connective Tissue Disease with Fibro type symptoms, Anemia, Anxiety, Depression, RA, Rynauds Syndrome, Chronic Fatigue Syndrome, Erosive Gastritis, Osteoporosis, Degenerative Disc Disease, Scoliosis, Bulging discs in lower back and neck, Pinched Nerves.

Soy free, MSG free, mostly Dairy free. Endoscopy shows blunted Villi which dr states as gluten sensitivity, so goin back to being gluten free

#15 GlutenFreeManna

GlutenFreeManna

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,887 posts

Posted 29 July 2010 - 06:06 PM

Gatorade makes me sick, it's the HFCS.

Really? Which ones have HFCS? I have several varieties of Gatorade (in the bottles) and none say they have HFCS. They all say they have Sucrose.
A simple meal with love is better than a feast where there is hatred. Proverbs 15:17 (CEV)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: