Get email alerts Get Celiac.com E-mail Alerts  

Celiac.com Sponsor:
Celiac.com Sponsor:

Ads by Google:

Get email alerts  Subscribe to FREE Celiac.com email alerts

Does Turkey Or Eggs Have Gluten Or Wheat In Them?

6 posts in this topic

Hi, I've been told that the amino acids and enzymes don't transfer the gluten/wheat in an animals feed into the products we would buy in store or at the market.

Does anyone have any info on this that if an animal ate a feed with gluten/wheat (or soy) would those ingredients end up in the turkey/chicken or eggs we eat?

Thanks for reading.

-Karen

Ads by Google:

Hi, and wecome to the board.

Meat and eggs (and milk) are gluten-free regardless of what was fed to the animals from which they came. No worries there.

Meat and eggs (and milk) are gluten-free regardless of what was fed to the animals from which they came. No worries there.

hi, thanks for your welcome and reply. That's great news THANKS! :)

I understand that meat and eggs are gluten-free but I've been wondering if there can be cc from what they are fed? I have no idea what animals eat. I'm just guessing that they are fed wheat and corn. I found out I am intolerant to corn, also.

Without getting into the details, the methods by which these foods are processed are such that cross-contamination is extremely unlikely. Food residue may be on the exterior of the animal, or in the digestive tract, but ample steps are taken to ensure that it stays there and does not get into the final product.

Without getting into the details, the methods by which these foods are processed are such that cross-contamination is extremely unlikely. Food residue may be on the exterior of the animal, or in the digestive tract, but ample steps are taken to ensure that it stays there and does not get into the final product.

Peter,

Thanks so much for this reassurance. We helped butcher chickens on a farm last year and the got contaminated.

Jackay