20 replies to this topic

#16 sunnybabi1986

sunnybabi1986

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 245 posts

Posted 22 February 2010 - 09:30 PM

We've ordered from them twice, I'm not sure why they ask for the additional info, as other sites don't, but it's supposed to be for verification of your card. We've done it twice with no problems, though! You could email to get some more info. They have a contact form on their site. I was a little unsure about it, too, but we've had no problems with billing! :)
Gluten Free since October 2009

If evolution really works, how come mothers only have two hands?" - Milton Berle

"Life is 10 percent what happens to me and 90 percent how I react to it."--Lou Holtz

Celiac.com Sponsor:

#17 Juliebove

Juliebove

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,650 posts

Posted 22 February 2010 - 10:37 PM

We tried some kind of Teff wrap but didn't like it at all. Daughter sometimes likes the rice tortillas, but sometimes not. I have yet to see corn tortillas with wheat in them.

#18 tarnalberry

tarnalberry

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,542 posts

Posted 23 February 2010 - 08:45 AM

If they're asking for the security code on the back of the card, that's pretty common, even among major online retailers. It's to verify that you have the card in your possession, and that the number wasn't read off of something else. (Not sure how useful it is, 'cause it needs security too, but that's the goal.)
Tiffany aka "Have I Mentioned Chocolate Lately?"
Inconclusive Blood Tests, Positive Dietary Results, No Endoscopy
G.F. - September 2003; C.F. - July 2004
Hiker, Yoga Teacher, Engineer, Painter, Be-er of Me
Bellevue, WA

#19 Lynayah

Lynayah

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 556 posts

Posted 23 February 2010 - 03:59 PM

If they're asking for the security code on the back of the card, that's pretty common, even among major online retailers. It's to verify that you have the card in your possession, and that the number wasn't read off of something else. (Not sure how useful it is, 'cause it needs security too, but that's the goal.)

I'm used to the security code thing. This was a page of info after I put in my credit card number -- never had that happen before now.
Gluten Intolerant with double HLA-DQ6. Pre-diagnosis: Weight gain, swelling, diarrhea, mouth sores, back pain, body aches, fatigue, muscle weakness, BRAIN FOG, runny nose, recurrent sinus infections, bruising, low white cell count (whole life), and more. My feet were so bad, I could hardly walk. Toward the end: Chronic Vit. D deficiency (almost no D in my body despite a quality multi-vit. each day).

There is hope! Gluten-free since Sept. '09, and I have my life back - I feel better than in many, many years!

Favorite quotation: "You must do the thing you think you cannot do." - Eleanor Roosevelt

#20 Nataliyc

Nataliyc

New Community Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 30 July 2010 - 09:07 PM

Hello, everyone,
I think, this is my first or second posting on this forum - it is nice to see so many posts related to glutein free diet. I have a question. Say, you have bought a glutein free meal /bread/item from the grocery store and you have reacted to it. What symptoms would prime you to think that you have digested some glutein?
I am very curious... What are the IMMEDIATE sypmtoms of your glutein contamination?
Thanks.

#21 Cheryl_C

Cheryl_C

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 213 posts

Posted 05 August 2010 - 05:06 PM

Hi and welcome!!

Check out http://www.sandwichpetals.com

I found out about them from another forum, ordered a box, and my whole family is hooked.
They're made from 10 gluten free grains and are super healthy.
Each box you order has 3 flavors of wraps: spinach garlic, agave grain(my favorite!) and chimayo chile

On Mondays you can order 1 box and get 1 free. 72 wraps total for $25 including shipping...did I mention I'm addicted?

Anyway, they're super good and we make enchiladas, burritos, mini pizzas, and quesadillas with them...you may want to order some and give them a shot! Good luck!!

Janie

That sounds like a really good deal, except I live by myself ... my folks and my bf sometimes eat the gluten-free foods with me, but that's still a lot. Do they do ok in the freezer?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: