This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Help Celiac.com:
    eNewsletter
    Donate

Need gluten-free Rice/Almond Milk

jasonD2

jasonD2 Experienced

Anyone know which brands of Rice Milk and Almond milk are safe? I have been using the Trader Joe's Rice milk but am not sure if its safe...I assume so since the label says Gluten Free and the equipment it is made on also processes fish and nuts, but again not sure

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

celiac-mommy Collaborator

I love, love, love the new almond milk by Silk. t's right next to the soy milk in the refrigerator section. It is the best one I've had so far and I've also regularly used Almond Dream and Blue Diamond, both are gluten-free.

jerseyangel Proficient

I like Pacific Foods Almond and Rice Milks....both the plain and vanilla varieties.

jasonD2 Experienced

Doesnt Almond dream have trace amounts of gluten?

jasonD2 Experienced

Also, what are the ingredients in the Silk Almond- i cant find them anywehre

thanks

ravenwoodglass Mentor

Doesnt Almond dream have trace amounts of gluten?

I know the Rice Dream does but don't know about the Almond. Pacific makes a for sure safe Almond milk.

OptimisticMom42 Apprentice

The Pacific Almond is also soy free according to thier website! ;) I'll have to look for it tomorrow.

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

The Almond Dream I have says gluten-free on the side.

jasonD2 Experienced

Problem is that it contains carageenan - not good for sensitive stomachs

ciavyn Contributor

I do great on Almond Breeze by Blue Diamond. Use the unsweetened Vanilla on my gluten-free oats in the morning, and use if for almost everything else, as well. No issues here.

horsegirl Enthusiast

I use Trader Joe's Rice Milk (vanilla flavor) & have had no problem with it.

All of Trader Joe's products say they're made on lines shared with wheat, soy, etc; I think they're just being thorough, & have not had any problems with their products.

You could always make your own almond milk, it's amazingly easy.

Open Original Shared Link

missy'smom Collaborator

I like the Turtle Mountain coconut milk. Open Original Shared Link I find it more neutral tasting than the other alternative "milks". I drink the unsweetened. It really doesn't have a strong coconut flavor like you would expect so I think it would work in many things. I thought the carageean bothered me when I was drinking soy and almond milks, but it hasn't bothered me when I've had this coconut milk. My recent allergy test was positive for almond and soy so maybe it was those and not the carageean. I don't know how long I've had these two allergies.

srsssss Newbie

I was looking at the Pure Silk Almond milk today and it says Lactose Free and soy free but not gluten free. I did contact them by phone and was told that as per the FDA guidelines they weren't required to put it on the label but that it is gluten free.

I don't know why they wouldn't put Gluten free! I told them they should for easier identification.

mcclane11 Newbie

Almond Breeze is my favorite. Gluten, dairy, and casein free and the best flavor IMO of rice and nut milks.

• 3 months later...
Becci Enthusiast

I absolutely LOVE the Almond milk's by Blue Diamond Almond Breeze.. :D

Roda Rising Star

I've tried the pacific and blue diamond almond milk and really don't like them after making my own. I just keep a big bag of almonds on hand and when I want it I blanch them, remove the skins and put it in the blender with filtered water. I then pour it into a jelly straining bag to drain and squeeze out the remainder of the liquid. I use 1 1/2 cup almonds to 4 cups water. I have not tried the silk yet.

• 1 year later...
ZarinBaby Newbie

Silk doesn't say gluten free because they do not perform the tests on it to ensure that it's safe. But, they do not process wheat in their facility, so they consider it to be gluten free.

Tigercat17 Enthusiast

I drink Silk Almond (unsweetened) milk everyday. I LOVE it! All of Silks products are gluten free. I called the company last year and I never had any problems with it. And I'm very sensitive.

Enjoy! :)

Archived