arrowShare this page:

Get email alerts  Subscribe to FREE Celiac.com email alerts

Ads by Google:
Celiac.com Sponsor:                                    

Photo
- - - - -

New gluten-free Menu At Pfchangs Coming In March :)

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 Darissa

Darissa

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 252 posts

Posted 16 February 2010 - 01:18 PM

We dinned at the PF Changs in Tempe AZ over Valentines Day weekend. We were told by the staff there that as of March 18, 2010, their gluten free menu would be much expanded, to include pork and beef items. She said the items will double that they offer for gluten free dining! I am so excitied! We love PF Changs and I am excitied to be able to eat the beef and pork items along with the chicken and seafood they already offer. Way to go PF Changs!!

Celiac.com Sponsor:

#2 Lisa

Lisa

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,799 posts

Posted 16 February 2010 - 01:35 PM

We dinned at the PF Changs in Tempe AZ over Valentines Day weekend. We were told by the staff there that as of March 18, 2010, their gluten free menu would be much expanded, to include pork and beef items. She said the items will double that they offer for gluten free dining! I am so excitied! We love PF Changs and I am excitied to be able to eat the beef and pork items along with the chicken and seafood they already offer. Way to go PF Changs!!

YEAH!! My favorite going out to eat place.
Lisa

Gluten Free - August 15, 2004

"Not all who wander are lost" - JRR Tolkien

#3 Silly Yak Pete

Silly Yak Pete

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 125 posts

Posted 16 February 2010 - 02:07 PM

My favorite place to go get Gluten Free Chinese!

#4 jerseyangel

jerseyangel

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 20,938 posts

Posted 16 February 2010 - 02:15 PM

How exciting--I can't wait!!! :D

I love PF Changs!
Patti

"Life is what happens while you're busy making other plans"

"When people show you who they are, believe them"--Maya Angelou

"Bloom where you are planted"--Bev

#5 DownWithGluten

DownWithGluten

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 214 posts

Posted 16 February 2010 - 07:54 PM

Nice to hear....the more options the better!

Instead of the opposite. I used to like eating at Austin Grill. The last time I ate there, the menu had been drastically reduced and the two items I would always get weren't on the menu anymore. <_< One was just simple cheese enchiladas. Not on the gluten-free menu. Yet, there was spinach-cheese enchiladas. I tried explaining to the waitress I just wanted cheese enchilada, which used to be there...can't she just take out the spinach? But something bad must have happened to them gluten-wise, since she was very strict and paranoid-seeming about going off the menu at all. I felt discouraged, and my already weak faith in restaurant-dining was diminished even further, so I left.
Gluten-free since January, 2007

#6 glutenfreeinminnesota

glutenfreeinminnesota

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 141 posts

Posted 16 February 2010 - 08:58 PM

I love PF Chang!! Going there for my birthday next week!! Glad to hear they are adding to their menu!! I will just have to go again in a month!
Diagnosed with Celiac Disease November 2009
2011:
Anemia is gone for the first time in my life, Yay!
Teeth are cleaner according to my dentist (interesting, eh???)
Eyesight has improved for the first time in my life (another interesting thing!)

**My advice to the newly diagnosed** HANG IN THERE!! It gets better and is so worth the seemly long road to getting better. Just be happy you can make yourself healthy with a diet change, and not have to take pills for the rest of your life. :D

#7 Darissa

Darissa

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 252 posts

Posted 19 February 2010 - 02:42 PM

In AZ, the new gluten-free menu at PF Changs starts this weekend. I got the email today. Here is a link. They have added an additional 5 beef items that sound great! I know where we will be going this weekend!
Here is the link.
http://view.email.pf...202787d1d76&r=0
Enjoy!

#8 DownWithGluten

DownWithGluten

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 214 posts

Posted 21 February 2010 - 02:33 PM

Looks good. I wonder if the P.F. Chang's where I live has those additions. Your menu seems to have more chicken items than mine did when I went in December, too. I'll have to check it out...
Gluten-free since January, 2007

#9 newgfcali

newgfcali

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 122 posts

Posted 03 March 2010 - 02:19 PM

Just had lunch at PF Changs in Walnut Creek, CA. Great experience. I asked the waiter for the gluten-free menu and it was full of yummy sounding possibilities. Since I'm also watching soy and casein, I asked if they could accommodate, and he said anything could be made however I needed it. I ended up getting the Singapore noodles without the soy and shrimp, just chicken, veggies and rice noodles. It was really good.

The manager stopped by the table a little while later to check how the gluten-free meal was and told us they've got the new menu coming this month with about 30 gluten free items to choose from. He described how they have a separate wok station for just gluten free meals, make sure all cooking utensils are washed in between preparation, put the food on special red plates during prep and special white plates for serving so the waitstaff know it's gluten-free.

PF Changs really has this down to a science. Hope other restaurants will follow suit.

#10 Brookesmom

Brookesmom

New Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • Pip
  • 11 posts

Posted 11 March 2010 - 08:39 AM

That's great news- I may have to give them a shot. I wonder if their more casual sister restaurant Pei Wei is going to add items. I usually go there or get carry out since we have small children.
01/2010: positive AGA and anti-tTG results from Enterolab; one DQ2 gene
eliminated gluten and hoping to heal thyroid and adrenals now

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: