Specific Carbohydrate Diet?

• Please log in to reply
326 replies to this topic

#31 Guest_Eloisa_*

Guest_Eloisa_*
  • Guests

Posted 22 June 2005 - 07:34 AM

Shimma
That's sounds so delicious with Almond Milk and I think I'll try it. I know I like mango and I like to incorporate fruit into my green salids with real Italian dressing which are really good. I'll usually use red leaf with mango pieces and strawberries or pineapple pieces and sometimes guava too. It's not hard down here in Texas to find papaya and mango all year round just about only its a little difficult to get guavas. These are the best fruit and I never could understand why I felt so good after I ate them then I found out about the enzymes in them.

Celiac.com Sponsor:

#32 PreOptMegs

PreOptMegs

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 296 posts

Posted 26 June 2005 - 03:38 PM

I finally have had breakthrough..... this past week I was able to add a couple of things to my diet. Strawberries, cantalupe, and pineapple finally went without a fight! I am so excited to eat these again, I just had to share it.
I LOVE JESUS!

#33 shimma

shimma

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 110 posts

Posted 27 June 2005 - 03:46 AM

Congrats! I reacted badly to something that I ate yesterday, maybe too many berries. Went to a "you-pick" farm and got about 15 pounds total of strawberries, blueberries, and raspberries. I think I probably went a little overboard in snacking as I prepped the berries for freezing.

Today I think I will make some veggie soup. Not that soup is very appealing in 90 degree weather, but it will be very soothing!

#34 PreOptMegs

PreOptMegs

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 296 posts

Posted 27 June 2005 - 10:31 AM

It is so easy to go overboard with the berries! Especially on this diet more than any other, I tend to overindulge myself sometimes because there is usually only a couple of things at home that are "legal", so it is easy to go crazy!!!
I LOVE JESUS!

#35 shimma

shimma

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 110 posts

Posted 27 June 2005 - 12:32 PM

Yeah, I know what you mean. I'll make a batch of something (peanut butter brownies, custard, etc) and blow through the whole thing in a couple of days. I never used to snack as much as I do now - I'm putting something in my mouth every 2 hours or so. Just small things - a piece of cheese here, a bit of fruit here. Hopefully this will put me on the track to weight gain! Hasn't happened yet though. I can't gain weight no matter what I try. I also can't seem to eat a lot at once, hence the snacking.

#36 PreOptMegs

PreOptMegs

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 296 posts

Posted 08 July 2005 - 12:58 PM

It is ironic that we are both on the same diet, but both have very differnt goals... Let me explain. I am a gainer with gluten, so I went on this diet to try to "clean" out my system and get rid of the excess bloatedness and weight. So far, so good. I just recently have felt back to normal, but it would be so easy for me to gain weight with this diet. I am addicted to cheese, peanut butter, and raisins!! Try those on for size if you are trying to gain! Lol
I LOVE JESUS!

#37 shimma

shimma

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 110 posts

Posted 12 July 2005 - 05:35 PM

I'm addicted to peanut butter, so here's hoping that will eventually help!....

#38 drea

drea

New Community Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 14 posts

Posted 22 July 2005 - 11:07 AM

I am giving the SCD a try, but was wondering if anyone that is underweight has gained needed weight using this diet. I have tried everything to gain, but it's not working.

#39 PreOptMegs

PreOptMegs

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 296 posts

Posted 23 July 2005 - 08:07 AM

This diet was designed for people to gain weight. It would be really, really easy for me to put pounds on, so I have to watch what I eat to continue to lose weight. The diet recommends using lot of olive oil, eating many nut products, butter, cheese, meats... and the list goes on. I have only lost weight because I watch what I eat.
I LOVE JESUS!

#40 Heather22

Heather22

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 95 posts

Posted 25 July 2005 - 07:43 AM

Does anybody know if psyllium is allowed on this diet?

It is often recommended when doing a cleanse because of its bulking action which cleans out the mucus in the intestines.....which is the purpose of the first bit of the diet---as I understand it. (?)

#41 Guest_gfinnebraska_*

Guest_gfinnebraska_*
  • Guests

Posted 25 July 2005 - 08:28 AM

drea ~ I have lost a lot of weight on the SCD, but I think that is because I am "cleaning out" and returning to my "original" weight. I gain a LOT of weight when I have gluten, and it only makes sense that my cleansing myself that I would lose. :) If you are underweight due to celiac disease, then you should gain on the SCD.

Good luck!!

#42 Heather22

Heather22

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 95 posts

Posted 26 July 2005 - 12:41 PM

[FONT=Courier]

I was wondering if there is anything I can put in my coffee at the beginning of the diet.

I haven't introduced almond milk yet, so I was hoping someone found an alternative for in the mean time.

#43 Guest_gfinnebraska_*

Guest_gfinnebraska_*
  • Guests

Posted 26 July 2005 - 02:31 PM

Nope ~ just black. You could put in some Equal... but no "creamer" type product.
Sorry!!!

#44 PreOptMegs

PreOptMegs

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 296 posts

Posted 28 July 2005 - 11:36 AM

Are we allowed to use Equal? I thought it had maltodextrin (corn) in it, so it was bad? I was under the impression that the only real sweetener we could have was honey? I could definately be wrong on this.........
I LOVE JESUS!

#45 BetseyCo

BetseyCo

New Community Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 27 December 2005 - 06:14 AM

I was just introduced to this diet yesterday by a member on this forum. Just wondering what some opinions of this are and any success/unsuccessful stories are from this, and how hard it is to stay on it!! Thanks

can someone explain this diet to me?
gluten free since 2003
lactose intolerant since 2002
asthma since May 2005

looking to find more hidden glutens and a cause for/ solution to recent rapid weight loss

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: