326 replies to this topic

#76 PreOptMegs

PreOptMegs

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 296 posts

Posted 04 March 2006 - 11:53 AM

I just started SCD yesterday! I am so excited to feel awesome again, although two days in a row of pureed carrots isn't the best tasting thing ever.... but I am so happy to be eating so healthy again!
I LOVE JESUS!

Celiac.com Sponsor:

#77 Rachel--24

Rachel--24

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,323 posts

Posted 04 March 2006 - 10:35 PM

I just started SCD yesterday! I am so excited to feel awesome again, although two days in a row of pureed carrots isn't the best tasting thing ever.... but I am so happy to be eating so healthy again!

I started the diet today and I'm really excited too! I just bought the book but pretty much already studied the illegal/legal list from the SCD site. I have c-diff and candida so hoping this will help things get back to normal. :)
Rachel

#78 Guest_Robbin_*

Guest_Robbin_*
  • Guests

Posted 05 March 2006 - 10:09 PM

OK, I have been avoiding this thread, but I have not been well for the past week and it seems now that since going gluten-free, everything upsets my stomach. Foods I ate before with no problem are giving me horrible pain like gastritis. I am going to try this since I feel so rotten and also have the terrible hot flushes/sweats too since going gluten-free. Will get the book tomorrow since there is such positive feedback. One question, though do you still take supplements with this? I am so anemic and tired without vitamin supplements.

#79 DingoGirl

DingoGirl

my babies ♥

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,645 posts

Posted 05 March 2006 - 10:15 PM

[quote name='Robbin' date='Mar 5 2006, 10:09 PM' post='111208']
OK, I have been avoiding this thread, but I have not been well for the past week and it seems now that since going gluten-free, everything upsets my stomach. Foods I ate before with no problem are giving me horrible pain like gastritis.

Robbin - have you given up dairy? I had to give that up a few days ago, and my stomach seems so much better.....
SUSIE

Diagnosed January 2006

"I like nonsense. It wakes up the brain cells." ~Dr. Seuss

#80 PreOptMegs

PreOptMegs

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 296 posts

Posted 06 March 2006 - 10:30 AM

I am on my third day of the diet and feeling great! Just made my first batch of yogurt.... I love this diet, but I forgot how labor intensive it is. I peeled, diced and cooked 5 lbs of apples to make homemade applesauce. All of that work for what seems like 1 cup of product... lol!
I LOVE JESUS!

#81 Guest_Robbin_*

Guest_Robbin_*
  • Guests

Posted 06 March 2006 - 07:40 PM

Dingogirl, I gave up dairy except for cheese and I take lactaid tabs with that, but I guess its the next to go. I didn't eat much today and didn't feel like going to the book store, so maybe tomorrow. I have had a heck of a time with tea, of all things. I am only drinking herbal tea now. I suspect after reading about the leaky gut problem that I probably have that too. Might as well, huh? My youngest son is giving up the computer for lent, so now I get it more (bad me that I am) so I will investigate this further tomorrow. I am down to bananas, apples, sweet potatoes, herb tea, chicken, lean beef until I can get this kicked. Rice, corn, coffee, tea and about everything else I put in my mouth make me sick. I guess you have to feel worse before you get better. I am waiting to get my results from enterolab back. Probably in another week, so maybe I can find out a little more. Too many health issues at once. I am too consumed by this thing. I feel like its an alien or something inside me fighting really hard at the end to hang on. (OK, I am weird and a bit dramatic tonight) Thanks for listening to my whinnnnnnnneeee! My dog is even disgusted with me, I think. :blink:

#82 DingoGirl

DingoGirl

my babies ♥

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,645 posts

Posted 06 March 2006 - 08:18 PM

Dingogirl, I gave up dairy except for cheese and I take lactaid tabs with that, but I guess its the next to go. I didn't eat much today and didn't feel like going to the book store, so maybe tomorrow. I have had a heck of a time with tea, of all things. I am only drinking herbal tea now. I suspect after reading about the leaky gut problem that I probably have that too. Might as well, huh? My youngest son is giving up the computer for lent, so now I get it more (bad me that I am) so I will investigate this further tomorrow. I am down to bananas, apples, sweet potatoes, herb tea, chicken, lean beef until I can get this kicked. Rice, corn, coffee, tea and about everything else I put in my mouth make me sick. I guess you have to feel worse before you get better. I am waiting to get my results from enterolab back. Probably in another week, so maybe I can find out a little more. Too many health issues at once. I am too consumed by this thing. I feel like its an alien or something inside me fighting really hard at the end to hang on. (OK, I am weird and a bit dramatic tonight) Thanks for listening to my whinnnnnnnneeee! My dog is even disgusted with me, I think. :blink:

no, not the dog!!! :P Dogs are never disgusted with us! I have two and am constantly worshipped.
You are really having a time of it Robbin, I will pray for you. I still dont' know what leaky gut is....excellent that you get the computer more during lent! I don't think you are weird and dramatic tonight.....these issues DO become consuming because they DO consume us until we become better!!! It is a good thing you have that wonderful husband. You WILL figure this out, I know it. (Just as you seem to know there is someone wonderful for me... :unsure: (where is he? :huh:

Sigh. God must think we are very strong, to put this on our shoulders.....
Blessings -
Susan
SUSIE

Diagnosed January 2006

"I like nonsense. It wakes up the brain cells." ~Dr. Seuss

#83 gointribal

gointribal

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 122 posts

Posted 06 March 2006 - 08:26 PM

I can't afford the book but I think this diet would really help me. I am in so much pain all the time. What can I eat during the intro? I went to some of the website but I wasn't getting a clear answer, any help I could get would be great. Thank you

#84 Rachel--24

Rachel--24

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,323 posts

Posted 06 March 2006 - 08:41 PM

I can't afford the book but I think this diet would really help me. I am in so much pain all the time. What can I eat during the intro? I went to some of the website but I wasn't getting a clear answer, any help I could get would be great. Thank you

Heres a link to the diet intro:

http://www.breakingt...intro_diet2.htm

This is the legal/illegal list for the diet

http://www.breakingt...illegal_a-c.htm
Rachel

#85 CMCM

CMCM

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 851 posts

Posted 07 March 2006 - 11:27 AM

Yogurt update.....I think there is another SCD thread going on where I was posting about yogurt, but now I can't find it. Anyhow, I made the coconut milk yogurt Sunday nite, let it go 24 hrs until Monday nite, and when I took it out of the yogurt maker it seemed totally liquid. So I refrigerated it until this morning, and now it's somewhat set. It think next time I'll use a bit more more gelatiin (I think this time I used about 1/2 a packet). I tasted a spoonful, and it's pretty good, with a very mild hint of coconut (which I like), not excessively tart. Actually, more similar to "real" milk yogurt than I thought it would be. Except for getting it a bit more solid, I can live with this. :P
CAROLE

-------------
Enterolab 1/2006
IgA & tTg Positive
DQ2-0201 (celiac) and DQ1-0604 (gluten)
Casein IgA positive
Mom has 2 celiac genes
Both kids have a celiac gene.
Lots of celiac disease in my family, both sides.

#86 penguin

penguin

Chelsea

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,245 posts

Posted 07 March 2006 - 11:28 AM

Actually, more similar to "real" milk yogurt than I thought it would be. Except for getting it a bit more solid, I can live with this. :P

Pretend that it's keifer :P
Alright, don't worry even if things end up a bit too heavy
We'll all float on, alright
Well we'll float on good news is on the way...

#87 Nancym

Nancym

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,026 posts

Posted 07 March 2006 - 11:32 AM

Pretend that it's keifer :P

That's exactly what I do! I make smoothies out of mine, or use it as a sauce on berries.

#88 dlp252

dlp252

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,931 posts

Posted 07 March 2006 - 12:38 PM

Okay, I've read so many threads I can't remember what I read where, lol. What kind of yogurt maker do you all have? I'm thinking of getting the little cheapie Salton this weekend...several stores in my area are likely to have it. I'm thinking I should start with that before I invest in a nicer one (Yogourmet I think, lol), to make sure this is something I'll actually DO. I also live alone, so wouldn't really need the bigger machine (I think, lol).

#89 Nancym

Nancym

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,026 posts

Posted 07 March 2006 - 02:50 PM

Okay, I've read so many threads I can't remember what I read where, lol. What kind of yogurt maker do you all have? I'm thinking of getting the little cheapie Salton this weekend...several stores in my area are likely to have it. I'm thinking I should start with that before I invest in a nicer one (Yogourmet I think, lol), to make sure this is something I'll actually DO. I also live alone, so wouldn't really need the bigger machine (I think, lol).

Salton is fine. That's what I use. I might rig up something with a heating pad if I want to make bigger batches.

#90 Rachel--24

Rachel--24

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,323 posts

Posted 07 March 2006 - 03:09 PM

I love my yogurt maker...I cant remember the brand but its got little jars that you fill up and then put them in a round dome looking thing. Its cool cuz the yougurt is already in these individual serving jars when its ready to eat. I cant remember how much it cost....maybe 30 or 40 bucks. I ordered it online last year.

Ahhh..I found it.

http://www.healthgoo...ogurt_Maker.asp
Rachel

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: