1 reply to this topic

#1 treharneclan

treharneclan

New Community Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 29 February 2004 - 11:58 PM

I'm going to Italy in June. Can anyone recommend restaurants or hotels that serve gluten-free food? Specifically in Venice and Rome? Thanks!
Erika

Celiac.com Sponsor:

#2 dporter

dporter

New Community Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 14 April 2004 - 03:21 PM

Hey! I was just in Italy for vacation and I have two awesome restaurants to recommend to you. I was in Venice, but I just ate food that I knew didn't contain gluten because I didn't scope out any gluten free restaurants. Howver, in Rome I found two great places. The first one is called Ripa 12 on Via San Francesco a Ripa, number 12. Here you can order any pasta on the menu and just ask for the gluten free version. You just have to let the waiter/chef know, because its not visible on the menu or anything. The second place, which you must go to is called Il Tulipano Nero on Via Roma Libera, 15. Here, it says it on the menu, and the waiters are all really friendly too. You can order anything you want directly off the menu and they will just give you the gluten free version. The food is great here, and there are more options like pizza, calzone, bread, and tiramisu for dessert! I've heard that there are even more places that serve gluten free meals, but I just never got the chance to check them out. So, I def. recommend going to these places, especially the second! Also, the waiter at Il Tulipano Nero told me that he had a gluten free cone at the gelato store he worked at, which is located on the same street as the first restaurant. I never went, but you might want to check it out. Well, hope this helps and enjoy your time there!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: