2 replies to this topic

#1 frenchiemama

frenchiemama

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 734 posts

Posted 14 May 2005 - 08:38 AM

I've been gluten-free for about 3 weeks now, and my DH has been so much worse! It may just be coincidental, because it was getting steadily worse for the several weeks before diagnosis (I've had it for almost exactly 2 years, and it seems to get randomly better and worse at times).

I learned last week about iodine, so I've cut that out as best I can, and I've been trying very hard to cut out food with any preservatives.

I can't take dapsone, as I had a bad reaction to it.

Has anyone else experienced a period of a few weeks where the DH spread and got more active after starting a gluten-free diet?

Carolyn

"When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro. "
- Hunter S. Thompson

Celiac.com Sponsor:

#2 KaitiUSA

KaitiUSA

Be the change you wish to see in the world!

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,583 posts

Posted 14 May 2005 - 04:58 PM

From what I have heard if you still have gluten in your system this can happen. It could be that your body is in the process of getting the gluten out and it is causing it to get worse before it clears up.
Kaiti
Positive bloodwork
Gluten-free since January 2004
Arkansas

Jeremiah 29:11- "For I know the plans that I have for you, declares the Lord, plans for you to prosper and not harm you,plans to give you a hope and future"

"One Nation, Under God"

Feel free to email me anytime....jkbrodbent@yahoo.com

#3 McDougall

McDougall

Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 59 posts

Posted 15 May 2005 - 01:36 PM

My DH went from barely noticable to pretty bad when I went gluten-free. The worst lasted a couple months. Had a gluten accident a few weeks ago and my gluten-free has been bad since. I've read a few articles comfirming this as normal, it takes a while to work it's way out. Searching old threads on this forum turned up a few others who experienced bad syptoms after going gluten-free.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: