This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Support Celiac.com!
    eNewsletter
    Donate

Gluten "Foggy Brain"

serenajane

serenajane Apprentice

I am in entering week 3 gluten free....I have been reading peoples posts about the brain fog. I have had this for a very long time and I am now finding even though my gut is still off balance still bloating and cramping. I have started to notice I haven't had that hard to focus in on things brain fog I really felt like i had fuzzy/ hazy vision and found it hard to focus mentally.

I am glad to say that has turned around for me

I am looking for some nacho cheese dorito's knock offs that are gluten free I tried the baked nacho cheese dorito's " YUCK"

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

Lisa Mentor

I am in entering week 3 gluten free....I have been reading peoples posts about the brain fog. I have had this for a very long time and I am now finding even though my gut is still off balance still bloating and cramping. I have started to notice I haven't had that hard to focus in on things brain fog I really felt like i had fuzzy/ hazy vision and found it hard to focus mentally.

I am glad to say that has turned around for me

I am looking for some nacho cheese dorito's knock offs that are gluten free I tried the baked nacho cheese dorito's " YUCK"

Try taking some B-12 supplements. It will help with the brain fog.

Doritos has several flavors that are gluten free, but I can't remember the ones that are not. Try goggling "Frito Lay - Doritos - Gluten Free"...

Lisa Mentor

That was easy...here ya go:

Open Original Shared Link

serenajane Apprentice

Try taking some B-12 supplements. It will help with the brain fog.

Doritos has several flavors that are gluten free, but I can't remember the ones that are not. Try goggling "Frito Lay - Doritos - Gluten Free"...

I called Frito lay today and the nacho cheese doritos are not gluten free I an looking for a brand that is other than the baked ones from dorito's they taste horrible

serenajane Apprentice

not sure of how to respond or post quickly sorry still pretty new to site

psawyer Proficient

not sure of how to respond or post quickly sorry still pretty new to site

Posts by new members are subject to review by a moderator before they appear. This usually happens quickly, but occasionally there are delays, as has happened this evening with your reply.

Switch2GF Rookie

I didn't have the typical stomach symptoms of celiac. Long story short: I was diagnosed while in college, but due to enjoying the college life, I never stuck with the gluten free diet. A few years later when my life slowed down, I realized something wasn't right. I was tired all the time, very forgetful, not in a good mood, and lethargic. I almost thought I was depressed.

"Brain fog" is rarely listed as a symptom of celiac. One day I ran across this symptom and looked into it.

I decided it was time to go 100% gluten free. About a month into it, I started to feel "awake" again. A few months later, I was back to "normal." Every once in a while if I get glutened, I find myself just doing stupid things. It is a true symptom and does get better when you stick to the diet.

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

• 1 year later...
Tow Newbie

Hello,

First up sorry I know this is an old post but this forum appears to be the only place on the net that people are discussing the idea of brain fog and celiac disease.

I have had "brain fog" for the last few years. I decided this year I am going to get to the root of the problem, and I am currently following a strict gluten free diet to

see if it is caused by a gluten intolerance.

My question is, if I have a gluten intolerance, how long should I have to wait until this "brain fog" clears up?

The above post suggests 3 weeks, is this an good indication of a time frame?

T.

kareng Grand Master

Hello,

First up sorry I know this is an old post but this forum appears to be the only place on the net that people are discussing the idea of brain fog and celiac disease.

I have had "brain fog" for the last few years. I decided this year I am going to get to the root of the problem, and I am currently following a strict gluten free diet to

see if it is caused by a gluten intolerance.

My question is, if I have a gluten intolerance, how long should I have to wait until this "brain fog" clears up?

The above post suggests 3 weeks, is this an good indication of a time frame?

T.

In the upper right corner, you should see a google box for this forum. Put on brain fog. You should find lots of posts to consider.

A lot of them will tell you that, until your " vitamin" levels come up, you can't expect it to get better.

AndrewNYC Explorer

Eating doritos, doritos knockoffs, or anything processed won't help you get better faster.

Archived