Get email alerts Get Celiac.com E-mail Alerts  

Celiac.com Sponsor:
Celiac.com Sponsor:

Ads by Google:

Get email alerts  Subscribe to FREE Celiac.com email alerts

It's Happening Again.....

9 posts in this topic

The last few days, I have been getting that familiar tingle/burning down my arms. Last night, my neck started hurting. Through the night, I went to change positions and the shooting pain through my neck actually woke me out of my sleep and I amost bolted out of bed with the pain.

I have been up since then. I have iced, heated, showered with the water massager, everything. My neck is so killing me I can't move my head or shoulders at all. Also, my jaw is locking again and my teeth hurt again.

Terry was taking the kids to his parents today so I can have a free day to do whatever I wanted. I had so many plans for gardening, etc. I guess that ain't happening!

Karen

Ads by Google:

Can someone recommend to me a good OTC anti-inflammatory/muscle relaxer that is gluten-free? I usually don't take them because they do bother my stomach but in this case, I think that is the lesser of two evils...... I have taken 2 Tylenol 2's and it hasn't even touched the pain.......

Karen

:huh:

Sorry, no suggestions but I do identify at the moment with the clicking jaw and a knee that feels as if it's falling to bits, it comes on suddenly when I've eaten almost the same as normal - can't place the issues.

Hoping you get better soon

:)

I also don't have any suggestions, but just want to offer any support ;). I went to http://www.wrongdiagnosis.com , not that celiac is a wrong diagnosis ;), but just to see what they had for burning/tingling symptoms--this seeemed closest to your description, but you might want to check out the other possibliites:

And then for the jaw they have an introduction:

I won't be able to help too much :( but with symptoms that recur like this, there's probably something going on... maybe you'd find something there that helps you or maybe your dr. can be a little more...proactive in finding an answer to this...

Feel better! :unsure:

Gapspan -

this is the first I've seen on the clicking/popping jaw... I have been dealing with that for a few years too. Is this something related to celiac ??

I'm a newbie (just officially diagnosed last week) - do you have any information on how this is connected ? ( I also have clicking in my knee - but just thought that was normal wear & tear)...

thanks for any info...

According to my acupuncturist, the jaw thing is related to the system that is affected by celiac. Sorry to be vague, but I just don't remember at the moment what she said exactly. I have the jaw thing too. The fun just never ends :)

Merika

Pre gluten-free I know I had my jaw lock on me a few times...thinking about it, it happened after lunch <_< I think it can be celiac related.

As far as clicking in the knee. My mom's knees used to crack like crazy(not painful though just cracking) when she walked up the stairs and bent down..now, that doesn't happen as much. She has been taking EFA's and she has been gluten free with me and has seen major improvement with that.

I also have the popping/clicking knees. When I bend down, you can hear my knees pop clear across the room! It is not painful in any way, just annoying....

My jaw, on the other hand........ :angry:

Karen

2nd posting

Karen,

I use Skelaxin for those pains, neck, shoulder, back and legs. I have a prescription for two pills three times a day. I always try to take the minimum dose (1/2 tab) and it is usually works. If I take 2 then I can't function. My husband also takes them. It is a muscle relaxer, Not sure if it is gluten-free but I've never had a problem.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Forum Statistics

• Total Topics
    • Total Posts
  • Topics

• Positive Biopsy, Negative Blood Tests
      What?  Be sure that next endoscopy tests you for lymphoma (cancer) as well!   Seriously.  You need to do some research as your knowledge of celiac disease is lacking.  Did you fail the entire celiac panel?  Or did your doctor/insurance save cash and just order the very good (but does not catch all celiacs) TTG IgA?  You have a family history, a positive biopsy, what more do you need?  You do realize that this is not about just giving up gluten, don't you?  We just had a member join this year who was told years ago that her tests were "inconclusive" and that she now has suffered with lymphoma (cancer)? Ugh!   Endoscopy in 10 years?  Who would even wait 10 years?  This isn't colon cancer and polyps!   Are you talking about a colonoscopy?  Are you even sure you had an endoscopy?   Be sure you have your bones checked too.....and forget the breath.  You might not have any teeth and implants will be out since your bones will be compromised. Sorry, if I come on strong, but when I was diagnosed I had no tummy issues.  A few months later, my bones began breaking.  I was undiagnosed for a long time because of mis-informed doctors.  At least it was not stupidity on my part.   So, I urge you to research this disease more!  Hopefully you'll ward on another autoimmune disorder by remaining gluten free.  Find what celiac blood tests were actually taken!  Even if you do not think you have celiac disease, something has caused villi damage -- like a parasite, milk, or something......even more sinister! Good luck!  
    • Really, Really Foul Breath Post-glutening?
      In addition to eating gluten-free, I attribute the following to knocking out my bad breath once and for all: 1. SmartMouth Activated Mouthwash (this is what really did it for me!) 2. Flonase Nasal Spray 3. Dr. Tung's Tongue Scraper 4. The obviously brushing and flossing twice daily (goes without saying).    
    • Positive Biopsy, Negative Blood Tests
      I went in for an endoscopy to find out if something from my stomach/intestine was causing my bad breath.  A biopsy during that procedure revealed that I had Celiac.  I thought it was strange since I ate pizza, pasta, and other bread/gluten items almost every day without issue, so I decided to confirm the biopsy result with a blood test. I took the blood test twice (once on a high- and once on a low-gluten diet) and it came back negative both times.  I just assumed someone at the earlier biopsy lab must have messed up my analysis or accidently mistaken someone else's biopsy for mine, but after reading this thread it seems like my initial biopsy might have been correct all along. My doctor suggested doing another endoscopy, but I didn't want to foot the bill for that.  Also, my older brother has Celiac which was confirmed by both a biopsy and blood test. Eating less gluten did seem to help a little with my bad breath, but SmartMouth Activated Mouthwash along with Flonase nasal spray and a Dr. Tung's tongue scrapper really did the trick to solve the bad breath issue. I'm just assuming I have Celiac and eating "gluten conscious" until my next endoscopy in about 10 years. If that biopsy comes back positive again, then I'll be strictly gluten-free.  I'm just glad I don't have many symptoms.      
    • Anxiously waiting
      You might ask your doctor if they have a standby/wait list Kal.  Some do that and then they can fit in people if there are cancellations or no-shows.
    • Question on posting
      So we have a rule here against self promotion, however please send me the link and I will have a look at it.
  • Upcoming Events

• Blog Entries

• Recent Status Updates

• celiac sharon  »  cyclinglady

Hello cycling lady, have you noticed my picture is showing up as you?  Have no idea why but it's rather disconcerting to see my picture and your words 😉  Do you know how to fix it?  You seem to have far more experience with this board than I do
      · 1 reply
    • Larry Gessner  »  cyclinglady

Hi There, I don't know if there is a place for videos in the forum. I just watched "The Truth About Gluten" I think it is a good video. I would like to share it somewhere but don't know where it should go. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
      Here is the link if you have never watched it.
      https://youtu.be/IU6jVEwpjnE Thank You,
      Larry
      · 2 replies
    • ChiaChick  »  Peaceflower

Hi Peaceflower, Just wanted to say thank you for the chat.
      · 0 replies
  • Who's Online (See full list)

There are no registered users currently online

• Member Statistics

• Total Members
    • Most Online

Newest Member
    Roemill