#1 daniknik

daniknik

Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 31 posts

Posted 26 February 2010 - 04:14 PM

Hi Folks-

I emailed the Badger folks with regards to Gluten and Soy in their products and here was their response:

All Badger products are gluten free and soy free. However, our lip balm sticks and sunscreens are filled at a facility where a natural soy-based cleaner is used to clean machinery. We cannot absolutely guarantee that there is no chance of cross-contamination.

Thanks so much for your interest in our products!

Kind regards,

Sue Wright

Customer Service Supervisor

W.S. Badger Co., Inc.

Phone: (800) 603-6100, ext. 12

Fax: (603) 352-4818

www.badgerbalm.com

Healing Products - Healthy Business

Please consider the environment before printing this e-mail.
Pre-Diagnosis: GERD, IBS, irregular menstruation, vitiligo, migraine, body pain, tingling in fingers, rhinitis, depression, night sweats, leg cramps, bruising, anemia, fatigue, mouth sores, hypoglycemia.
Positive IgG blood results for: Egg, Casein, Soy.
Positive EnteroLab IgA fecal results: anti-gliadin, anti-tissue Transglutaminase, anti-casein
Serologic equivalent: HLA-DQ 3,1 (Subtype 8,6)
Post-Testing: Free of gluten, dairy, soy, eggs, legumes and nightshade veggies. May 2012 Dx Premature Ovarian Failure.

Celiac.com Sponsor:

#2 ravenwoodglass

ravenwoodglass

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,791 posts

Posted 26 February 2010 - 04:49 PM

Thanks for posting this info. So many products that don't contain gluten contain soy and it is hard to find safe lip balms. I know chapstick is safe but I can't stand the 'waxy' feel to it. I will have to look for the badger ones.
Courage does not always roar, sometimes courage is the quiet voice at the end of the day saying
"I will try again tommorrow" (Mary Anne Radmacher)

celiac 49 years - Misdiagnosed for 45
Blood tested and repeatedly negative
Diagnosed by Allergist with elimination diet and diagnosis confirmed by GI in 2002
Misdiagnoses for 15 years were IBS-D, ataxia, migraines, anxiety, depression, fibromyalgia, parathesias, arthritis, livedo reticularis, hairloss, premature menopause, osteoporosis, kidney damage, diverticulosis, prediabetes and ulcers, dermatitis herpeformis
All bold resoved or went into remission with proper diagnosis of Celiac November 2002
Some residual nerve damage remains as of 2006- this has continued to resolve after eliminating soy in 2007

Mother died of celiac related cancer at 56
Twin brother died as a result of autoimmune liver destruction at age 15

Children 2 with Ulcers, GERD, Depression, , 1 with DH, 1 with severe growth stunting (male adult 5 feet)both finally diagnosed Celiac through blood testing and 1 with endo 6 months after Mom

Positive to Soy and Casien also Aug 2007

Gluten Sensitivity Gene Test Aug 2007
HLA-DQB1 Molecular analysis, Allele 1 0303

HLA-DQB1 Molecular analysis, Allele 2 0303

Serologic equivalent: HLA-DQ 3,3 (Subtype 9,9)

#3 daniknik

daniknik

Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 31 posts

Posted 27 February 2010 - 01:39 PM

Thanks for posting this info. So many products that don't contain gluten contain soy and it is hard to find safe lip balms. I know chapstick is safe but I can't stand the 'waxy' feel to it. I will have to look for the badger ones.

I'm still a little nervous about the "soy-based cleaner" for the machinery, but I really like the product and I've been using it for about a week now and feel fine. My thinking is that at least the soy isn't specifically included as an ingredient, and that while I can't guarantee no CC, I'm still a lot better off using this than some other balm with nasty chemicals in them. I may keep looking for another gluten-free/SF balm that doesn't use a soy-based cleanser...I do really appreciate their honesty though!
Pre-Diagnosis: GERD, IBS, irregular menstruation, vitiligo, migraine, body pain, tingling in fingers, rhinitis, depression, night sweats, leg cramps, bruising, anemia, fatigue, mouth sores, hypoglycemia.
Positive IgG blood results for: Egg, Casein, Soy.
Positive EnteroLab IgA fecal results: anti-gliadin, anti-tissue Transglutaminase, anti-casein
Serologic equivalent: HLA-DQ 3,1 (Subtype 8,6)
Post-Testing: Free of gluten, dairy, soy, eggs, legumes and nightshade veggies. May 2012 Dx Premature Ovarian Failure.

#4 ravenwoodglass

ravenwoodglass

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,791 posts

Posted 27 February 2010 - 02:52 PM

I'm still a little nervous about the "soy-based cleaner" for the machinery, but I really like the product and I've been using it for about a week now and feel fine. My thinking is that at least the soy isn't specifically included as an ingredient, and that while I can't guarantee no CC, I'm still a lot better off using this than some other balm with nasty chemicals in them. I may keep looking for another gluten-free/SF balm that doesn't use a soy-based cleanser...I do really appreciate their honesty though!

I just checked out the Joelle site that is advertised here. They have a lot of stuff that is soy and gluten free. They are pretty reasonable in price and I think I am going to try out the foundation and the lip gloss. There was no soy in any of the products that I looked at. Might be someplace you want to check out also.
Courage does not always roar, sometimes courage is the quiet voice at the end of the day saying
"I will try again tommorrow" (Mary Anne Radmacher)

celiac 49 years - Misdiagnosed for 45
Blood tested and repeatedly negative
Diagnosed by Allergist with elimination diet and diagnosis confirmed by GI in 2002
Misdiagnoses for 15 years were IBS-D, ataxia, migraines, anxiety, depression, fibromyalgia, parathesias, arthritis, livedo reticularis, hairloss, premature menopause, osteoporosis, kidney damage, diverticulosis, prediabetes and ulcers, dermatitis herpeformis
All bold resoved or went into remission with proper diagnosis of Celiac November 2002
Some residual nerve damage remains as of 2006- this has continued to resolve after eliminating soy in 2007

Mother died of celiac related cancer at 56
Twin brother died as a result of autoimmune liver destruction at age 15

Children 2 with Ulcers, GERD, Depression, , 1 with DH, 1 with severe growth stunting (male adult 5 feet)both finally diagnosed Celiac through blood testing and 1 with endo 6 months after Mom

Positive to Soy and Casien also Aug 2007

Gluten Sensitivity Gene Test Aug 2007
HLA-DQB1 Molecular analysis, Allele 1 0303

HLA-DQB1 Molecular analysis, Allele 2 0303

Serologic equivalent: HLA-DQ 3,3 (Subtype 9,9)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: