3 replies to this topic

#1 precious831

precious831

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 214 posts

Posted 26 February 2010 - 08:29 PM

I have been gluten-free for a while but went back on gluten for over a month to test for celiac. I had the biopsy done on Monday this week. I had an endoscopy and colonoscopy(for another thing). Anyway, so now I'm having really severe heartburn and a lot of gas and bloating. Not sure if this is from the EGD or the colonoscopy. At any rate I think I'm gonna visit my GI on Monday.

Anyone had these symptoms after endoscopy and/or colonoscopy?

Thanks
Grain-free,dairy-free, soy-free (celiac, possible colitis now as well).
Extremely allergic to shellfish, Aspirin & Ibuprofen

Celiac.com Sponsor:

#2 ravenwoodglass

ravenwoodglass

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,768 posts

Posted 27 February 2010 - 05:05 AM

I did after one set of scopes when I had a reaction to the prep. I found pepto bismal liquid to be really helpful it seemed to coat the inside and relieve the pain quickly. The gas and bloating is pretty normal after a scope. They blow air into the intestine when doing the lower scope and it can take some time for it to 'pass'. If things get severe or you start to run a fever don't suffer until Monday call your doctor, his service will be able to get ahold of him on the weekend.
I hope your challenge was long enough to provide accurate results. A one month challenge is pretty short, although I am sure it didn't seem like it was. If the diet was helping don't let your doctor talk you out of it if the results are negative on the biopsy.
Courage does not always roar, sometimes courage is the quiet voice at the end of the day saying
"I will try again tommorrow" (Mary Anne Radmacher)

celiac 49 years - Misdiagnosed for 45
Blood tested and repeatedly negative
Diagnosed by Allergist with elimination diet and diagnosis confirmed by GI in 2002
Misdiagnoses for 15 years were IBS-D, ataxia, migraines, anxiety, depression, fibromyalgia, parathesias, arthritis, livedo reticularis, hairloss, premature menopause, osteoporosis, kidney damage, diverticulosis, prediabetes and ulcers, dermatitis herpeformis
All bold resoved or went into remission with proper diagnosis of Celiac November 2002
Some residual nerve damage remains as of 2006- this has continued to resolve after eliminating soy in 2007

Mother died of celiac related cancer at 56
Twin brother died as a result of autoimmune liver destruction at age 15

Children 2 with Ulcers, GERD, Depression, , 1 with DH, 1 with severe growth stunting (male adult 5 feet)both finally diagnosed Celiac through blood testing and 1 with endo 6 months after Mom

Positive to Soy and Casien also Aug 2007

Gluten Sensitivity Gene Test Aug 2007
HLA-DQB1 Molecular analysis, Allele 1 0303

HLA-DQB1 Molecular analysis, Allele 2 0303

Serologic equivalent: HLA-DQ 3,3 (Subtype 9,9)

#3 precious831

precious831

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 214 posts

Posted 27 February 2010 - 08:33 AM

I did after one set of scopes when I had a reaction to the prep. I found pepto bismal liquid to be really helpful it seemed to coat the inside and relieve the pain quickly. The gas and bloating is pretty normal after a scope. They blow air into the intestine when doing the lower scope and it can take some time for it to 'pass'. If things get severe or you start to run a fever don't suffer until Monday call your doctor, his service will be able to get ahold of him on the weekend.
I hope your challenge was long enough to provide accurate results. A one month challenge is pretty short, although I am sure it didn't seem like it was. If the diet was helping don't let your doctor talk you out of it if the results are negative on the biopsy.

Unfortunately I can't take Pepto Bismol, it has Aspirin and I'm allergic.

Sorry this is TMI but I saw some streaks of blood in the stools today. My instructions say as long as it's not a cup of blod, sounds weird but I'm getting kind of worried. The pain seems to get worse when I eat. It's been 6 days now since the endo and colonoscopy, shouldn't this be gone by now?

I also thought

#4 precious831

precious831

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 214 posts

Posted 27 February 2010 - 08:36 AM

Ah I posted and it dissapeared. I can't take Pepto because I'm allergic to Aspirin.
It's been 6 days almost since my endo and colonoscopy, should there be still blood in the stools? Sorry TMI, I wonder too if I'm reacting to the prep. The one I used was a clear pineapple flavored one. It was so nasty. I'll never do this again. The reason he wanted to do the colonoscopy was because I was having blood in the stools, I thought maybe that was from consuming dairy because I've had some dairy off and on and it really makes me sick.

I am confused, I don't think I need to go to the ER but I'm really feeling like crap. How long is this supposed to last?

I'm not going back to gluten regardless of the test results.

Thanks

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: