- - - - -

Frustrated With Gf

• Please log in to reply

1 reply to this topic

#1 Guest_HannahCal_*

Guest_HannahCal_*
  • Guests

Posted 15 May 2005 - 07:55 PM

I was diagnosed with possible celiac disease based on biopsy. Blood test were negative for celiac disease but I have IGA defiency. I have been faithful since Feb of this year on a gluten-free diet. Although I still have intestional problems and sometimes live in the bathroom it is better but not ok. I am questioning if celiac is my problem as the problems continue the main difference that I do see is that it does not hurt to eat anymore. Frustrated with the gluten-free dieting.

Celiac.com Sponsor:

#2 KaitiUSA

KaitiUSA

Be the change you wish to see in the world!

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,583 posts

Posted 16 May 2005 - 04:29 AM

I understand how you feel. When I first went gluten free I thought all my troubles would go away overnight. This is not the case. It took me 3 months to see major improvement and then 6 months to get back to normal. It varies from person to person so for one person they could feel better after 2 weeks but for another person 2 months. Just keep following the diet. It takes a while for the body to heal so just hang in there and there is light at the end of the tunnel. It will pay off for you.
Have you also been using gluten-free products? like lipsticks, shampoos, lotions, etc? Things you put on your face,hands, and head have a high chance of getting traces in your mouth.

Also another thing to maybe help you is Probiotics and enzymes. They are wonderful things to help benefit your body. Make sure you pump yourself with vitamins too.
Kaiti
Positive bloodwork
Gluten-free since January 2004
Arkansas

Jeremiah 29:11- "For I know the plans that I have for you, declares the Lord, plans for you to prosper and not harm you,plans to give you a hope and future"

"One Nation, Under God"

Feel free to email me anytime....jkbrodbent@yahoo.com

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: