Get email alerts Get Celiac.com E-mail Alerts  

Celiac.com Sponsor:
Celiac.com Sponsor:

Ads by Google:

Get email alerts  Subscribe to FREE Celiac.com email alerts

Dry Curd Cottage Cheese

5 posts in this topic

I am in search of dry cured cottage cheese. I have never used it before but have some recipes that require it.

Push comes to shove Im sure I can get it at Whole Foods next time I go to Henderson but we don't go often b/c its an hour in a half drive.

Is there a substitute for this item?

It is from one of the SCD cookbooks I have. I am not completely on that type of diet but the diet goes along good with the way I do eat and my other food problems.

I have tried looking dry curd cottage cheese up but can't really find any information on it.

Any input greatly appreciated.

Thank you!!

Ads by Google:

I found this link: http://www.scdiet.org/8resources/drycurd_sources.html

Also says you can sub farmer cheese.

hope that helps!

Thank you for the link. I made a note in my phone on what it may also be referred to as so when Im at the store I have the notes with me.

Thanks again

I think if you take regular large curd cottage cheese and put it in a strainer over a bowl overnight, refrigerated and covered of course, that would allow much of the liquid to drain and then it could be used.

I think if you take regular large curd cottage cheese and put it in a strainer over a bowl overnight, refrigerated and covered of course, that would allow much of the liquid to drain and then it could be used.

Thank you!

I think I will give this a try.