This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Help Celiac.com:
    eNewsletter
    Donate

York Lab-elisa Foodscan

Kasey'sMom

Kasey'sMom Enthusiast

Hi,

I was wondering if anyone has used the ELISA FoodScan for other food intolerances? My child is now gluten-free but it seems that there are other things that she is either allergic or intolerant to. We've taken her to an immunologist and they did skin/prick tests for inhalents and foods. She only tested postive to inhalant allergies and her pediatric Dr. has just done a RAST test for the 8 most common food allergies. We're waiting to hear about the results of the blood work. She has severe psoriasis and eczema also. The anti-histamines only seem to help a small amount. I was thinking about ordering the FoodScan but I don't know anyone who has had it done.

Thanks so much for the information! :)

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

kvogt Rookie

I had it done. I was surprised by a few of the foods listed. I cut the ones I could relate to symptoms and will attempt to readd to my diet later. Then I will cut the rest. It's possible to heal from some of these food intolerances. Dairy, egg and yeast problems may not be temporary. I've read the skin prick tests often give false negatives. When I cut dairy, my eczema halt and actually began to heal after 3 months. I'm still not all the way healed, but I have a monster patch of it.

Kasey'sMom Enthusiast

Thanks, this is great. I think I may try to go ahead and order the test. As I'm sure you're aware, the testing and Dr. visits start getting a little pricey, but good health is worth it. I'm just afraid that there are food intolerances that we don't know about. Her pediatric Dr. mentioned also that the prick tests have a high false neg. rate. I have a feeling she's sensitive to a food that she eats quite often.

Thanks again for your input!

bmorrow Rookie

I also had the York tests and was very satisfied with them. I tested positive for Yeast, dairy and white fish. I already knew about the dairy, but was surprised about the yeast and fish.

I hope that your daughter gets better. :rolleyes:

Kasey'sMom Enthusiast

Thanks so much Beverly!

rmmadden Contributor

I have taken the test (actually twice as they lost my first sample) and am awaiting the results (They are very, very SLOW!).

I was wondering the same thing......If something else that I am eating is keeping me from feeling better and possibly slowing down the healing process. I hope to find out soon.

Best of luck!

Cleveland Bob B)

• 1 month later...
Kasey'sMom Enthusiast

Hi,

I was wondering how long it took for you to get the results from York?

We're just getting a little anxious about the results. :)

Thanks!

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

mela14 Enthusiast

I did the york testing and it took a couple of weeks.

It confirmed my problem foods to me soit was helpful in that respect. I now avoid most of the strong positives on the list.

Kasey'sMom Enthusiast

Thanks,

I'm glad you got good results! We've been waiting several weeks. This Thur. it will be 4 weeks since I sent the test off. I may try to give them a call and see if they know the status.

Thanks again. :)

Archived