This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Support Celiac.com!
    eNewsletter
    Donate

Please Help! Asap!

Emme999

Emme999 Enthusiast

If anyone can help me, please reply ASAP.

My dad (who I am sure has celiac disease, who I've mentioned before is bipolar) seems to have completely lost it. My mom and I are about to take him to the hospital. (In the next few minutes, please post soon if you have a response to this.)

Right now he has a temperature of 102 and is talking to himself and other people who aren't there. Seriously, he reminds me of those people you see on the street who are having conversations with no one.

I am really scared for him and wonder if *anyone* out there knows if this could be a possible complication of celiac disease.

Please respond if you can.

- Michelle

Also - should I tell the staff that *I* have recently been diagnosed with celiac disease? Will that make any difference?

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

Guest nini

I hope everything is ok...

just based on my own personal experience I would say there is a link. I had some episodes as a teenager and young adult where I was def. psychotic and suicidal. One time I hallucinated that alligators were climbing on my bed to get me.

please keep me posted. I hope your dad can get some help.

Emme999 Enthusiast

Nini -

Thank you for your response. We ended up taking dad to the emergency room because he was absolutely delirious. It turns out that he has pneumonia - and that his oxygen level was only 72%! Wow.

Anyway - see my other post (that I'm about to put up! ;)) about what his doctor said about celiac...

**We are now leaving this topic! Please follow me -> "Celiac disease isn't hereditary"

• 1 month later...
citygirl114 Newbie

Hi Michelle

I have been following some of your posts...sorry to hear about your dad's health.... it must be tough on you... I was wondering about the neuropath analysis where did you have that done?? The reason I am asking is because I feel as if I am losing my mind..... forgetting stuff, left a frying pan on the stove the other day, could have burnt my house down.... and I just can't seem to focus at work any more... any info you may give me would be a great help.. :D

Thanks

Emme999 Enthusiast

Hey Penny,

I had the neuropsychological analysis done by a neuropsychologist (weird coincidence, huh?? ;) tee-hee)

I met her through the state rehabilitation program. I went to the state rehabilitation program because the University of Utah Disability Services Center sent me there! They were trying to determine if I was "worthy" of aid, and needed some medical documentation. The neuropsychological testing is (in Utah) approx. $800. I was lucky that the state found me worthy enough to pay for it! Yay! Now they are also paying for my education. Wahoo! Never did I realize that having a brain injury could be so beneficial ;) Of course, it sucks when I'm trying to study/learn/focus/think and be functional :blink: - but it's cool that I'm getting so much help now. :)

If you are interested, contact a local neuropsychologist and ask them about it - and find out how it works in your area.

The testing was really comprehensive. It took approx. 8 or 9 hours to complete it all. It was a series of intelligence tests, coordination tests, visual tests, etc. - I learned a lot from the results and am really glad that I was able to (finally) have some documentation that things *are* harder for me and that I *do* need help.

Let me know if you have any other questions! :)

- Michelle :wub:

p.s. Thanks for your kind words about my dad :)

Archived